Thread: Bisley classic sunday

Bisley classic sunday

Well, if the Trafalgar was anything to go by, the 'Classic' should have some pukka stuff. I was lucky enough to buy a nice Imp Mod in the large calbre and a very nice orange box of pre-war Webley pellets......

See you Sunday

Yes you certainly did well Mr B.

I sourced some vintage unopened pellets and oil as well as a target sighted BSA Improved Model D. No 8 factory fitted into the stock with a matching No 19 sight up front as well as a No 21a behind the trigger block, which is a little redundant and will probably come off! The rifle is regularly hitting my 3/8 in bell target, so a good performer too.

I think there may be one or two fresh dealers at the Classic, so looking forward to it already.

A satisfied John

"I sourced some vintage unopened pellets and oil as well as a target sighted BSA Improved Model D. No 8 factory fitted into the stock with a matching No 19 sight up front as well as a No 21a behind the trigger block"

A photo of that would be very well received. P'raps not by Mr Binners

I had a bout of nostalgia hit me at Trafalgar and bought this Crosman heavyweight copy of the M1 carbine in really nice condition. Used to carry the real .30 overseas, one of my favourite fun rifles.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I had a bout of nostalgia hit me at Trafalgar and bought this Crosman heavyweight copy of the M1 carbine in really nice condition. Used to carry the real .30 overseas, one of my favourite fun rifles.

Baz

Nice one Baz

How did your chauffer perform? Give him a bit more practice this Sunday....

Should be some nice stuff there and I hope to get in before the eggs go hard this time

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    "I sourced some vintage unopened pellets and oil as well as a target sighted BSA Improved Model D. No 8 factory fitted into the stock with a matching No 19 sight up front as well as a No 21a behind the trigger block"

A photo of that would be very well received. P'raps not by Mr Binners
    Will oblige when I can take some snaps in outdoor light

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Yes you certainly did well Mr B.

I sourced some vintage unopened pellets and oil as well as a target sighted BSA Improved Model D. No 8 factory fitted into the stock with a matching No 19 sight up front as well as a No 21a behind the trigger block, which is a little redundant and will probably come off! The rifle is regularly hitting my 3/8 in bell target, so a good performer too.

I think there may be one or two fresh dealers at the Classic, so looking forward to it already.

A satisfied John
    As requested, here are a few snaps of my 'new' BSA Target Model:- Sights all over the place!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5no64fy2...3xM9Zcyva?dl=0

She was consistently hitting the 3/8 in bell aperture on my indoor range when I tested her with the No 8 sight.

John

Hello John,

You can never have too many sights in my book !

Nice,

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,

You can never have too many sights in my book !

Nice,

Regards

Brian
    Wise words indeed Brian. As you probably know, I have something of a weakness for sights of all shapes and sizes!

Kind regards,

John