Thread: PCP-Plinking Bored!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have been down that road.
    Shooting off the knee is the way for me, 55yds with high magnification. Your heartbeat will move the point of aim more than a kill zone away and the skill is then in the control of your own body.
    So you know the gun is good, more importantly you know the gun won't let you down if you do your bit - now the fun and challenge comes from training yourself.

Right I'll get the DPM cabbage gear out of the loft and start stalking round the rose bush and BBQ

Hear what you're saying gents, yeah it is me, like toad of toad hall, got the attention and interest span of a fly!

Dunno but the springer's make me feel like I'm shooting and part of the process whereas the 'clinical' nature of the pcp feels like the technology is so forgiving I'm cancelled out of the equation some how.
    Last edited by slowcoach; 20-10-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Join a smallbore club and start shooting LSR comps. Will challenge you and not the rifle.

List of smallbore clubs in Bucks. Are there really only four We have about 30 in Surrey

And if you hand the practice of shooting standing up will help give you confidence when out in the field.

Cheers B Barrel

To my shame got bored of that as well All strapped up like a haggis in jacket, sling and glove toting a 12lb rifle trying to shoot the full stop.

Blimey it's a wonder the clay shooting and lamping have lasted so long!

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    Cheers B Barrel

To my shame got bored of that as well All strapped up like a haggis in jacket, sling and glove toting a 12lb rifle trying to shoot the full stop.

Blimey it's a wonder the clay shooting and lamping have lasted so long!
    That's not LSR. LSR is walking off the street with your hunting rifle, no slings, no jackets, just you and your rifle. As much of a challenge as you can ask for. You'll probably never get a perfect 100 and will always strive to improve.

And a much nicer bunch of people than the 'proners'

Hmmmmmm.

Shoot HFT or FT

Try shooting one or both of these discipline's, guarantee you will not be bored or think its too easy.