Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCP-Plinking Bored!

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    Same. PCP's are boring, springers rule!

Well, for plinking and perhaps targets anyway. I'd always go pcp for hunting however.
    Exactly my thinking as well
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Cheers all, might pop up Wendover air rifle and have a squint, any members on here use it?

Pretty local to me and might expand the pcp interest before it goes the way of so many others lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Exactly my thinking as well
    Not for me - I'd rather have the accuracy available. It's like owning a fast bike, you don't have to go fast but it's nice to be able to if the need arises.

What I like to do with a multishot PCP is to have multiple spinners and shoot the next one before the last one stops. You cant do it with a springer as you cant load a springer before the first springer stops. if your PCP is "too" accurate then decrease the time you have to shoot which will increase your skill and enjoyment.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    What I like to do with a multishot PCP is to have multiple spinners and shoot the next one before the last one stops.
    Exactly this. Practising this helped me to win the Air Arms speed shoot too.
    Other than that, try fitting some open sights to your PCP - it's my next project. Or try FT/HFT. Or as Chris says, shoot off hand or kneeling.

Or have a look at some pictures of naked ladies instead - that never gets boring and there's loads of internet sites dedicated to this popular pass time
    ( so I'm told ).
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Exactly this. Practising this helped me to win the Air Arms speed shoot too.
    Other than that, try fitting some open sights to your PCP - it's my next project. Or try FT/HFT. Or as Chris says, shoot off hand or kneeling.

Or have a look at some pictures of naked ladies instead - that never gets boring and there's loads of internet sites dedicated to this popular pass time
    ( so I'm told ).
    Agree ..shoot freehand...best practice there is for any gun.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Practice with your springers, hunt or compete with your precharge, or if your a complete luddite like me compete with your springers too, despite owning several precharges!

Despite being a complete spring fan I honestly think your better off hunting or competing with a precharge, but when it comes to practice they suck, it gets boring real quickly!

There's a lot of skill required to shoot 50 -80 yards with the likes of a HW95 or older Webley/BSA, keeps you sharp!

Hft/ft

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    Cheers all, might pop up Wendover air rifle and have a squint, any members on here use it?

Pretty local to me and might expand the pcp interest before it goes the way of so many others lol
    You need to be able to shoot HFT/FT not just use a range, which can still be boring but will enable you to zero and see pellet trajectory over distances.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder5 View Post
    Try shooting one or both of these discipline's, guarantee you will not be bored or think its too easy.
    Ditto, FT for me

I agree PCP's for plinking are boring.

Get yourself a pistol! Then you can miss everything.
    hoplophobe

there is only so much bench rest plinking you can do before it gets boring regardless of what rifle you use. sounds like you need a bit of hft in your life.
    Even though we had shot the last round of ukahft nationals yesterday I spent 4 blissfull hours at my local club today, 30mins on zero range the rest of the time shooting disciplines but out further and smaller kills than you would in competition.
    Add the wind that came just made it all the more interesting.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Yep looks like I need to get out and about and try a new angle on an old hobby.

Right I'll get to it and have at it!

i too was losing the love for my pcp. so decided to challenge myself more with it....... i now shoot upto 120 yards with varying windage...now thats a challenge and a half, but i love trying to predict windage and holdover [and perfecting my rig to make sure its capable]
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Positional shots.
    Also, with 70 yards to play with, I'd be doing some serious testing of 5 shot groups in the wind and with strippers
    Then maybe a 3/8" bell target at 70 yards. I hear people getting bored of accuracy Just make things harder!
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Lucky git

Thought I was being clever when l moved to the coast from London, nice big house but a garden the size of a tennis court.

Sundays to myself with nothing to do garden wise as I can get it all done in a weekday evening. Took up shooting again after 3 years down here.

Bloody miss my 180 foot/60 yard garden now!

Kev
    Daystate Panther in .177
    Daystate Air Ranger in .22
    BSA Meteor Mk1 in .22