Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glove for HFT ?

Glove for HFT ?

Folks are shooting gloves now considered essential for HFT ?

Ive never bothered but its got me wondering, is it worth trying one and would it benifit me ?

This is for PCP and springer use !

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

I cant shot without mine now. Is it essential. Well you have to make your mind up really. I would say anything that helps grip things like a tree or the post and allows you some grip against your hand must be better than a bare hand.

I use one with the fingers out as I have small hands but why not try one and see.. it needs to be quite tight on the hand, more so than a normal glove as it holds your hand in a slightly curved position.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I find it helps, when I remember it.

Dave

I donno about HFT, but in other target shooting, a glove is for comfort and it insulates against pulse - so it's an aid.

I always used this particular glove (http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog...e-110-850.html ) and now I am back shooting its one of the first things i bought.

It really helps when you want to get further up a peg when prone. But the main reason I find it helps is the back of the hand is fully covered with the grippy material so the rifle will not slip if you are resting it across the back side of the hand while gripping something else - particularly with supported standers.

I find mine helps me a lot for grip as said before (also keeps your hand nice and warm lol)

HFT Glove

Definitely helps, you can try mine if you like Matt

A proper glove insulates the pulse in your hand from the fore end, and the extra thickness helps raise the rifle for elevated shots, especially with your fist clenched.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

^^^ this ^^^
    Also gives some repeatable support for positional shots.
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

I am not using it and I am not missing it. Also to my believe I think a glove should not be allowed in HFT. The beauty of HFT is that it is a simulation of hunting (for me it is at least) and I want to stay as close as possible to this concept. Also the use of a hamster in HFT is something for me that should be banned. And for the last, making HFT much more like bench rest shooting (stock allowed to touch the ground) is also something less appealing to me. But, hey, these are my ideas, I know that a lot of people think otherwise and do otherwise, but I shoot HFT as I think it should be done. Do I feel sorry for myself on not winning prices? No totally not, I am enjoying the ranges and shooting with friends and trying to improve myself to the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric65 View Post
    Also the use of a hamster in HFT is something for me that should be banned.
    I believe hamsters were allowed to level the playing field for shooters who could not afford to have custom stocks made with a deeper fixed fore end.

Also the hamster is not allowed to touch the ground. The only part of a rifle allowed to make contact with the ground is the butt.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Also the hamster is not allowed to touch the ground. The only part of a rifle allowed to make contact with the ground is the butt.
    I see a lot of pistol grips touching these days, Steyrs in particular when the shooter is using a padded mat. My thumbhole 97 almost touches sometimes too.
    Thats at UK rounds and the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    I see a lot of pistol grips touching these days, Steyrs in particular when the shooter is using a padded mat. My thumbhole 97 almost touches sometimes too.
    Thats at UK rounds and the worlds.
    It would mostly not be intentional and as a Steyr shooter would hope that if spotted i would be informed....as i would inform another shooter. I have had occasional positions where the 'lay of the land' means i can feel the pistol grip on the floor so on those occasions slide my little finger underneath. did you mention it to the shooter at the time?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It would mostly not be intentional and as a Steyr shooter would hope that if spotted i would be informed....as i would inform another shooter. I have had occasional positions where the 'lay of the land' means i can feel the pistol grip on the floor so on those occasions slide my little finger underneath. did you mention it to the shooter at the time?
    I didnt mention last time as they were a bit away from me at the time, and just to be clear, it was not you!

I am seeing a general trend in hft these day to push limits, I've seen hamsters that are clearly illegal, wrist placed back behind the knee on kneeling shots.
    I know a couple guys who tweek their bloody paralax for close shots. Thats the thing that really gets my back up.
    My steyr would touch the grip to the ground if I were going for a butt on the ground shot, thats why I started noticing other peoples.