Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glove for HFT ?

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    I didnt mention last time as they were a bit away from me at the time, and just to be clear, it was not you!

I am seeing a general trend in hft these day to push limits, I've seen hamsters that are clearly illegal, wrist placed back behind the knee on kneeling shots.
    I know a couple guys who tweek their bloody paralax for close shots. Thats the thing that really gets my back up.
    My steyr would touch the grip to the ground if I were going for a butt on the ground shot, thats why I started noticing other peoples.
    No worries....but i don't care who the shooter is, we should really be pointing out any infringements.. It doesn't matter how new or experienced the shooter is.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    No worries....but i don't care who the shooter is, we should really be pointing out any infringements.. It doesn't matter how new or experienced the shooter is.
    Yes, but when these people are your friends it gets a bit tricky

I suppose it's in the delivery mate.

If you shout at the top of your voice "Oy you cheating skank, get yer pistol grip off the floor" then it may raise the odd eyebrow
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

I see a lot of pistol grips touching these days, Steyrs in particular when the shooter is using a padded mat. My thumbhole 97 almost touches sometimes too.
    Thats at UK rounds and the worlds.
    I didnt mention last time as they were a bit away from me at the time, and just to be clear, it was not you!

I am seeing a general trend in hft these day to push limits, I've seen hamsters that are clearly illegal, wrist placed back behind the knee on kneeling shots.
    I know a couple guys who tweek their bloody paralax for close shots. Thats the thing that really gets my back up.
    My steyr would touch the grip to the ground if I were going for a butt on the ground shot, thats why I started noticing other peoples.
    Infringements must be pointed out , If you won't or can't do it , I'm sure someone else will, I'd start with a marshal..
    If you know how many guns you’ve got, you haven’t got enough.
    YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I suppose it's in the delivery mate.

If you shout at the top of your voice "Oy you cheating skank, get yer pistol grip off the floor"
    That will do it!

I use a glove, but any stiffness comes from the fact that despite the mud and the wet it has not been washed for quite a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I use a glove, but any stiffness comes from the fact that despite the mud and the wet it has not been washed for quite a few years
    I bet that smells lovely .
    all the benefits of wearing a glove have been pointed out ,I never used to wear one but since I have if I shoot without one it feels wrong ,its like riding a motorbike without a skid lid.
    As for pistol grips touching the ground ,I havn't noticed many infringments but my steyr looks fairly close but if in the event that it would then I tuck my little pinky under . I really don't think there is any advantage by having a pistol grip that is too long as it can sometimes act as a fulcrum,.I found the daystate panther stock to be like this but once I added a hamster and dropped the butt pad down effectively jacking up the whole thing there was enough clearance.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by w-v-m View Post
    Infringements must be pointed out , If you won't or can't do it , I'm sure someone else will, I'd start with a marshal..
    Its different when I've marshaled, as pointing such things out is expected, but when I'm shooting along side friends and acquaintances its different, unless its an outright safety issue.

I challenge anyone who shoots competitively to say hand on heart that they always point out infringements, while shooting near or alongside people they know.

I was senior chief marshal for second day at the worlds btw. On that day, when I noticed something, I didnt hold my tongue, but I had a big yellow jacket on and the power of a God that day...

Its different when I've marshaled, as pointing such things out is expected, but when I'm shooting along side friends and acquaintances its different, unless its an outright safety issue.

I challenge anyone who shoots competitively to say hand on heart that they always point out infringements, while shooting near or alongside people they know.

I was senior chief marshal for second day at the worlds btw. On that day, when I noticed something, I didnt hold my tongue, but I had a big yellow jacket on and the power of a God that day...
    A couple of weeks ago, a Cambs member, shooting alongside my peg at Kibworth, pointed out to my partner, that whilst stretched well away from the peg on a toughy, that his trigger finger was over the line, the target fell ( we'd seen 2 zeros in the last few shooters, me included), he was told and took a zero.
    I was apologetic because I was watching the path to the target, for movement in the vegetation 'cause that's the only reason I could have missed.
    If I'd been watching him closely I'd have told him, and hopefully he'd have got the 2.
    I'll point out infringements to my partner once, if they do it again, I'll tell them afterwards, though I can't remember the last time that happened, and that goes for my young son too.
    If you know how many guns you’ve got, you haven’t got enough.
    YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club Member

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric65 View Post
    I am not using it and I am not missing it. Also to my believe I think a glove should not be allowed in HFT. The beauty of HFT is that it is a simulation of hunting (for me it is at least) and I want to stay as close as possible to this concept. Also the use of a hamster in HFT is something for me that should be banned. And for the last, making HFT much more like bench rest shooting (stock allowed to touch the ground) is also something less appealing to me. But, hey, these are my ideas, I know that a lot of people think otherwise and do otherwise, but I shoot HFT as I think it should be done. Do I feel sorry for myself on not winning prices? No totally not, I am enjoying the ranges and shooting with friends and trying to improve myself to the most.
    Agreed. Its a bit of a shame people seem to need to try and extract the nth degree of flexibility in the rules or find the tinyiest of percieved advantages. The better more rounded shot will invariably win as a rule.

A target glove is not allowed in CSR either. It will only be a matter of time before HFT/FT become like F class, and you will be introducing loads of little sub "Peoples judean fronts" for those with red stocks or them that only use lubed pellets.....

I never wore a target glove rabitting either, not entirely practical running about like a fiddler crab.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by w-v-m View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, a Cambs member, shooting alongside my peg at Kibworth, pointed out to my partner, that whilst stretched well away from the peg on a toughy, that his trigger finger was over the line, the target fell ( we'd seen 2 zeros in the last few shooters, me included), he was told and took a zero.
    I was apologetic because I was watching the path to the target, for movement in the vegetation 'cause that's the only reason I could have missed.
    If I'd been watching him closely I'd have told him, and hopefully he'd have got the 2.
    I'll point out infringements to my partner once, if they do it again, I'll tell them afterwards, though I can't remember the last time that happened, and that goes for my young son too.
    I'm of the opinion that if seen before the shot the honourable thing to do is to warn the shooter. A long , long time ago i was new to HFT and was shooting a target that i had to move away from the peg in order to bracket the kill accurately. I was concentrating so much on the shot that i didn't move back to the peg and shot for my shooting 'buddies' to laugh out loud and happily mark a zero on my card...oh,i laughed so hard that my ribs hurt. I called the pair of them a pair of dicks for not saying something before i took the shot, funnily enough neither shoot HFt anymore...knobheads

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Agreed. Its a bit of a shame people seem to need to try and extract the nth degree of flexibility in the rules or find the tinyiest of percieved advantages. The better more rounded shot will invariably win as a rule.

A target glove is not allowed in CSR either. It will only be a matter of time before HFT/FT become like F class, and you will be introducing loads of little sub "Peoples judean fronts" for those with red stocks or them that only use lubed pellets.....

I never wore a target glove rabitting either, not entirely practical running about like a fiddler crab.
    I agree with most of that and what Eric said. It would be nice to remove the glove and Hamster from HFT but people would just use mega deep stocks to get round that unless , of course, a max depth was used as there is now for hamster max depth.