Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Ace - they are Ace!

Sharp Ace - they are Ace!

Just picked up a pair of nice .22 Aces from a collector mate of mine.
    The top one has a period Tasco 6-24x40AO scope on the proper Sportsmatch Innova/Ace mount with a cutout for the loading port. It's standard apart from the 1/2" UNF screw cut on the barrel end.
    The bottom one is standard and complete with original front and rear sights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/30750063@N05/15588835331/
    Both run 11.4ftlbs on 4 pumps, with the blow-off valve coming in on pump 5 and limiting the power to 11.6ftlb regardless of the number of pumps applied.
    This 5 shot group was shot at 30yds in a stinking cross wind, I had to wait for the wind to drop before taking the shot. I called the flyer at 2 O'Clock as I snatched the trigger.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/307500...n/photostream/
    All in all what an excellent gun they are, I'd say they were every bit PCP accurate (and I've had several of those) and you never have to worry about running out of air or mess around with a separate pump or bottle.
    If it wasn't for most people's lazyness there would still be a market for great guns like these and there would still be some in production (I'm not counting the Webley Rebel and neither should you!), the only qaundry now is how many more should I buy???

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Just picked up a pair of nice .22 Aces from a collector mate of mine.
    The top one has a period Tasco 6-24x40AO scope on the proper Sportsmatch Innova/Ace mount with a cutout for the loading port. It's standard apart from the 1/2" UNF screw cut on the barrel end.
    The bottom one is standard and complete with original front and rear sights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/30750063@N05/15588835331/
    Both run 11.4ftlbs on 4 pumps, with the blow-off valve coming in on pump 5 and limiting the power to 11.6ftlb regardless of the number of pumps applied.
    This 5 shot group was shot at 30yds in a stinking cross wind, I had to wait for the wind to drop before taking the shot. I called the flyer at 2 O'Clock as I snatched the trigger.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/307500...n/photostream/
    All in all what an excellent gun they are, I'd say they were every bit PCP accurate (and I've had several of those) and you never have to worry about running out of air or mess around with a separate pump or bottle.
    If it wasn't for most people's lazyness there would still be a market for great guns like these and there would still be some in production (I'm not counting the Webley Rebel and neither should you!), the only qaundry now is how many more should I buy???
    2 very nice examples, and thats a good group at 30yards, yes agree they are very capable rifles mines in .177 and got it of here earlier this year, its very accurate and with the period silencer very quiet, thanks for posting, and enjoy one of the very best pumpers.

Not lazy Bob, just getting on a bit!
    4 pumps and a rest.

I look on it as a free workout. There's definitely a mental effect, when you've had to work to prime the gun you take more care over the shot - It's so easy to cycle the bolt on a multishot PCP and just keep chucking lead down the range, doesn't matter so much if you miss - with the Ace every shot counts!

I still shoot a lot of springers, break and underlever.
    But I never seem to get any stronger.
    Maybe a pumper is the answer!

ace

I have two both in .22, one acquired in a deal the other I bought from BikerBob when he was selling some off,and is my pride and joy,in fact everything I bought off Bob have been good buys but the Ace has pride of place in my(not too small) collection,easy to use,fantastic to shoot,may not look like anything special but they certainly are,and can compare with any of the newer rifles of today,OH!! and you ndon't need a golf trolley to transport in the field,another vote for the ACE.

sharp ace

Still being made to this very day, Sharp chiba is the name of the company as I had to get spares for mine a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Still being made to this very day, Sharp chiba is the name of the company as I had to get spares for mine a while ago.
    If its to the same build quality as the Sharp Innovas now brought into this country by Webley I will stick with my original Sharp Ace.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

[QUOTE=I. J.;6502889]If its to the same build quality as the Sharp Innovas now brought into this country by Webley I will stick with my original Sharp Ace.

ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE

The Sharps made by Sharp Chiba are the same high quality they always were.
    Ian, the Webley Rebel is not made by Sharps or even in Japan. It is a cheap,nasty rip-off copy, made in Indonesia ( I think), and not fit for purpose.

Pete.

[QUOTE=flatrajectory;6503033]
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    If its to the same build quality as the Sharp Innovas now brought into this country by Webley I will stick with my original Sharp Ace.

ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE

The Sharps made by Sharp Chiba are the same high quality they always were.
    Ian, the Webley Rebel is not made by Sharps or even in Japan. It is a cheap,nasty rip-off copy, made in Indonesia ( I think), and not fit for purpose.

Pete.
    Thanks for the clarification Pete.

E.D.A.S.D.

ATB
    Ian

ATB
    Ian
    Yep my friend, Never stopped making them Ian, Same build quality but just not exported to the UK anymore unless you know the right people, Col, Target sports.

ace

nice one Bob - totally agree with your comments - i love the gun. took me 30 years to finally get one and now have two

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    nice one Bob - totally agree with your comments - i love the gun. took me 30 years to finally get one and now have two
    agree, have the Ace in .177 and the Innova in .22

Im a fellow Sharp rifle lover and have a few in my collection - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=73
    I also found this http://airgunenthusiast.weebly.com/s...log-pages.html on the net that may be of interest.

IIRC () the original Sharp factory burnt down or was it an earth quake (or was there a fire during an earth quake?) or have I totally lost the plot?

ATB
    Ian

Im a fellow Sharp rifle lover and have a few in my collection - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=73
    I also found this http://airgunenthusiast.weebly.com/s...log-pages.html on the net that may be of interest.

IIRC () the original Sharp factory burnt down or was it an earth quake (or was there a fire during an earth quake?) or have I totally lost the plot?

ATB
    Ian
    Some nice guns there and a very good link - thanks.