Thread: Lgv

Lgv

Hi folks, I'm soon to be the proud owner of a LGV master in 177
    I will sort out the plain looking stock, but is there a need to do anything with the internals?
    I love to tinker but this one may be better left alone? Is the transfer port in need of reaming out any? That is the one mod I usually do, but I hope to be able to leave it alone!
    Cheers, nick

Hi Nick,

If I remember correctly, the LGV has a long transfer port, so there may not be anything to gain (indeed, maybe more to lose) by enlarging the TP. Maybe, if you really, really HAD to tinker, maybe radius the circumference ever so slightly, just to ensure smoother air flow?

One or two that I have tried were twangy and others were unbelievably smooth and quiet, so a lot depends on how yours shoots. If it was smooth, twang free and not dieselling, I think I'd be leaving alone.

A few months ago I shot Kieran Turner's....absolutely beautiful. All he'd done was strip, degrease, re-lube.....fantastic.

Enjoy your new toy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

See what you think of the trigger.

The first stage is normally very very long. Loads of threads on setting up the trigger so just do a search.

Love mine in.22, after a strip and a degrese., smooth has a very smooth thing, enjoy

thanks

cool cheers lads, I must say if it twanged I would be very disappointed! I hope to just be able to be happy with it out of the box....

More than likely should be fine straight away,some have been a bit too sparse with lube on the spring but its simple to relube if need be.