Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: one of sebs crazy ideas alert ....

Buy a Sharp Ace?
    Pump as you shoot like me (ooer).

Pity this only pumps out 10 bar.http://www.atrgroup.co.uk/product/1060-cfm-compressor/ Got loads of them at work lol. Our highest pressure unit is only 250 psi I think.

Some one say air dryer lol. http://www.atrgroup.co.uk/services/p...dryer-packages. Bottom of the page

TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

If you are absolutely going to do it and cant be convinced otherwise (i suffer from this problem as well) then i would opt for a more substantial fixing. The pump has a one way valve but if it gets knocked and the probe gets knocked out the cylinder will empty quite quickly.

How about a http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=660 and a quick release fitting set for your probe, cylinder and pump.

Just make sure you close the valve on the cylinder before opening the release valve on the pump.

T
    :: Freelance Designer ::

Today, I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived.

I say go for it mate Thats the kinda mad ideas i get and wont be convinced otherwise until I either get it to work or end up in A and E. 50 pumps a day to keep it topped up shouldn't overheat the pump (or you lol) and if it has a drypac fitted whats the difference from pumping straight into the rifle

Let us know how it goes

Ian

AT LAST... someone fighting the nay-sayers , good man

Go for it. It may be one of those bright ideas that works but you only do once, But it is worth a try. On the plus side it will keep you fit. Good luck with it and keep us all posted if you do give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    Hold on, i gave advice how i thought it could be done,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

to be fair you did bud'

Does it work ! I think not,

I made one using the same wheelchair motor ? ( 80 Bar max ! ) & That battery is not big enough . Same 100 rpm, Its just not strong enough ?

It does however work very well with a 240v, 3/4 Hp 50 rpm motor, ( I just knew that Wood lathe motor would be of use )
    At this rate/Rpm of filling it does not heat up much on a 200cc bottle at 200 Bar, Nonetheless to address this , I made a moisture removal unit , & a chilled air inlet , Do not cool the pump, Cool the inlet air !

This comprised of a spiral of copper pipe in a cylinder ( Paint pot ) soldered in, Filled with water & frozen in the freezer,
    ( Do not forget to leave the sealing plug out until its completely frozen ) As we all know , The water expands,
    The sealing plug is installed & Its a free unit ,
    Result : A completely cool pump & a 30% ish increase in output.

I added a thread about this, little intrest Etc, I have a cylinder, It costs a fiver to fill & He is local 230 Bar 15 litre, But that does not stop you from making one , Ha ha,
    I have to add, That manual pumping is hard work, IMO Too hard,

Cheers, Ged.

Never said it wouldn't work - clearly it will, I was just pointing out that it can't be considered an optimal solution and it will be hard on the pump.