Thread: Air soft ...???

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Cool Air soft ...???

Just wondering, after reading some reviews on air soft BB guns in air gun world, what defines an air soft gun to an air pistol??

Muzzie
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I might be wrong but I think it's under 1 joule.
    Master Debater

Non rifled barrel, fires bbs, less than 3ftlb power. They are also allowed to be semi and fully automatic, whereas an air pistol cannot (those that are are a double action trigger i.e. cocks & fires). I think that's about it.
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177

Something about a RIF, and some type of licence is required to buy new I believe.
    Oh and you actually point them at people ....its all wrong in my book, breaking rule no 1 should be a absolute.

NEVER EVER POINT IT AT ANYONE. LOADED, UNLOADED, SAFE OR UNKNOWN.

but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by boozybloke View Post
    Non rifled barrel, fires bbs, less than 3ftlb power. They are also allowed to be semi and fully automatic, whereas an air pistol cannot (those that are are a double action trigger i.e. cocks & fires). I think that's about it.
    Plenty of air pistols are semi-auto - have a delve in the archives of this section, or use steyr LP50 as a search term on google

I think airsoft has an appeal beyond skirmishing, the low power, relatively low cost of ammunition, and even some of the guns are at a reasonable price point (yep I know some are crazzzzzy expensive) can all be pluses in it's favour.

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special
    Cheers
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Airsoft and impending Scottish airgun legislation

With the nigh on inevitable ban on garden plinking to be introduced in Scotland, airsoft might be the only alternative. I see there are some airsoft pistols that describe themselves as accurate ( Maruzen APS ), so maybe a whole new market will open up.
    I plink therefore I am.