Thread: Rat + NV

Rat + NV

Noticed some rat activity around the chicken run earlier, so just went outside for a little while.

10m with an HW100 and a Gen 1 NV is a) not sporting b) not tricky and c) very, very effective. Even in .177. Need to spend some time zeroing at around 35m for the benefit of the bunnies, but this is more pressing for now.

Quite like this new rifle
    Peter

It's that time of year when roland moves back in. I'm monitoring a new hole with a trail cam. My Hw100 and merlin are on standby ready to go.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

I was a little surprised - I've been seeing more mouse activity, but the dog gets them. I don't normally see both around. Bait boxes are all filled again.

Still, both the ones I saw last night aren't going to be nicking any more of the chicken feed. Just about enough light to use the Vampir with the illuminator off, but seeing eyeshine in the undergrowth made it more useful to have it on low.
    Peter

The best way to get rid of mice is to get rats.