Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: c02 webley service revolver coming soon!

c02 webley service revolver coming soon!

Donald

Omg, Alistair and literally dozens of other old (or old before their time) farts are going to absolutely love that

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Omg, Alistair and literally dozens of other old (or old before their time) farts are going to absolutely love that
    Never a truer word didest thou speak Lord Rick.

And they have made it the Mark VI! Not the horrible little .38. Oh Joy, Oh splendidness.

At last I will be able to post on facebook -

'This afternoon - a simple meal of roast pork followed by an open jam tart, then post-prandial revolver practice.'

I hope it is powerful enough to smash beer-bottles, the Webley Service Revolver target of choice.

And I have got a trip to Scotia planned for September. Excellent!

On a less gentlemanly note, I have just come in my pants.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Never a truer word didest thou speak Lord Rick.

And they have made it the Mark VI! Not the horrible little .38. Oh Joy, Oh splendidness.

At last I will be able to post on facebook -

'This afternoon - a simple meal of roast pork followed by an open jam tart, then post-prandial revolver practice.'

I hope it is powerful enough to smash beer-bottles, the Webley Service Revolver target of choice.

And I have got a trip to Scotia planned for September. Excellent!
    Superb!

I suppose a correct leather holster will be required (and probably cost more than the pistol).

A rough cord lanyard should also be fashioned, I dare say...

More J R R Tolkien's service revolver

Ooo, now I want one myself!

You'll need a copy of 'Revolver Shooting In War' by Captain Charles D.Tracey, 1916.

He eschews the lanyard as a dangerous piece of kit, and recommends the re-positioning of the holster to the thigh, in the so-called 'cowboys' style, rather than the cross-draw Sam Brown which looks smart but is no good when a raiding party drops into your trench whilst you are absorbed in Emily's latest letter from home.

There is even a scarey bit at the end letting you know how to fight with a revolver when the ammuniton gives out. It's not Hollywood and it's not nice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You'll need a copy of 'Revolver Shooting In War' by Captain Charles D.Tracey, 1916.

He eschews the lanyard as a dangerous piece of kit, and recommends the re-positioning of the holster to the thigh, in the so-called 'cowboys' style, rather than the cross-draw Sam Brown which looks smart but is no good when a raiding party drops into your trench whilst you are absorbed in Emily's latest letter from home.

There is even a scarey bit at the end letting you know how to fight with a revolver when the ammuniton gives out. It's not Hollywood and it's not nice at all.
    I just had to check that handbook exists - and it does! But I fear it won't be easy to find a copy.

I only need to know two things about this "new" Webley: Is it loud enough to scare a tiger? And where can I buy one??

I found it on the webley and scott facebook page, where it has some nice HD photos and all the spec listed.

for those of you with access to the facebook of doom - heres your link: https://www.facebook.com/WebleyandScott?fref=ts

it really is spunktastic!!!
    Donald

It's a shame Webley didn't make the 1873 SAA,maybe then we'd be getting one of those too!

I was given the chance to handle this new CO2 revolver at the CLA Game Fair. It is a very faithful reproduction including the correct markings.

I'm probably going to regret this (as I too, am having serious yearnings), but BAR posted on their FB page about it last week, saying they've "ordered a big lump of them as these things are going to fly out" - £199 retail

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

That looks great, I just hope it doesn't have 'made in Turkey' stamped onto the barrel!

If it is made abroad lets hope they have omitted to mark the gun up as such.

I hope it's made from something more substantial than plastic and/or monkey metal,though unlikely I suppose!

From the flyer on BAR's FB page:

• Built from original blueprints
    • Loads, cycles, fires & ejects as the original
    • Original 1915 markings
    • Single/Double action
    • Full size
    • Full metal construction
    • 6-inch barrel
    • 6 shot
    • <3 joules
    • 2.4 lbs (1.1kg)
    • 4.5mm CO2 metal BB
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"