Thread: airports and airsoft pistols.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

airports and airsoft pistols.

I know airgun bbs is not a airsoft site but on the of chance I'm just wondering if anyone would have any ideas on bring a airsoft pistol through customs.(airplane bond or how I go about it.)
    it's a possible Christmas present for my kid it £30 so just a stocking filler but looks quite nice.
    First thing it's not two tone but I would have bought it outside the UK. Would this be a problem.
    Next I think it's co2 capsule would this cause a problem.
    Not that I will have any capsules on me.
    is this gonna be more trouble than it's worth my uncle lives in America and just okd it with the airline when he took my brother's paintball guns. I know there is a slight difference in the UK and the U.S. would it be the same cheers any information gratefully received.

I've no experience at all in this, but personally I wouldn't bother, the potential for problems is too great.
    Pay the money and get a "proper" one here that meets UK legal requirements. Indeed these days I wouldn't want to give my kid a real looking handgun ...
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177

Thanks for reply

I'd have said far, far more trouble than its worth, particularly in light of today's events in Canada.
    I suspect if you can get a novelty gun-shaped cigarette lighter on a US plane any time soon without being strip-seached or having it accompanied by an armed response unit when it arrives you'll be lucky....

Ye I think I'll give it a miss I will get him a table tennis paddle and a ping pong ball.
    hours fun to be had there I'm sure he's gonna love it thanks for the replys.

It would be illegal to import a realistic imitation firearm unless you are a registered airsoft skirmisher and have proof that you are registered with the UKARA.