Thread: airports and airsoft pistols.

airports and airsoft pistols.

I know airgun bbs is not a airsoft site but on the of chance I'm just wondering if anyone would have any ideas on bring a airsoft pistol through customs.(airplane bond or how I go about it.)
    it's a possible Christmas present for my kid it £30 so just a stocking filler but looks quite nice.
    First thing it's not two tone but I would have bought it outside the UK. Would this be a problem.
    Next I think it's co2 capsule would this cause a problem.
    Not that I will have any capsules on me.
    is this gonna be more trouble than it's worth my uncle lives in America and just okd it with the airline when he took my brother's paintball guns. I know there is a slight difference in the UK and the U.S. would it be the same cheers any information gratefully received.

I've no experience at all in this, but personally I wouldn't bother, the potential for problems is too great.
    Pay the money and get a "proper" one here that meets UK legal requirements. Indeed these days I wouldn't want to give my kid a real looking handgun ...
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177

Thanks for reply

I'd have said far, far more trouble than its worth, particularly in light of today's events in Canada.
    I suspect if you can get a novelty gun-shaped cigarette lighter on a US plane any time soon without being strip-seached or having it accompanied by an armed response unit when it arrives you'll be lucky....

Ye I think I'll give it a miss I will get him a table tennis paddle and a ping pong ball.
    hours fun to be had there I'm sure he's gonna love it thanks for the replys.

It would be illegal to import a realistic imitation firearm unless you are a registered airsoft skirmisher and have proof that you are registered with the UKARA.

Quote Originally Posted by colin57 View Post
    It would be illegal to import a realistic imitation firearm unless you are a registered airsoft skirmisher and have proof that you are registered with the UKARA.
    But not if you were or are acting on behalf of a museum, or a theatrical production company, or a member of a properly insured historical re-enactment group or society. So getting a couple of mates and policy for "Re-Enactment and Living History Public Liability Insurance" - available on the bay for £30 I see - might see someone driving a horse and cart through the ridiculousness of the VCR.

IMO the above posters are correct however, for a £30 toy for your son it would be far more trouble than it's worth.

I have also seen someone have to 'bin' a key ring that had one of those fake bullets on a ring on it. But I guess the security services cannot afford to take chances these days.
    Cheers, Phil

Colin57:are sure what you said is right surely that rule only applies to buying a realistic airsoft gun from a shop in the uk buying one from outside or secondhand is not an offence having a skirmishing license wouldn't mean a thing at a customs desk it's just a bit of paper you get from the site or shop once you go a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by barry32 View Post
    Colin57:are sure what you said is right surely that rule only applies to buying a realistic airsoft gun from a shop in the uk buying one from outside or secondhand is not an offence having a skirmishing license wouldn't mean a thing at a customs desk it's just a bit of paper you get from the site or shop once you go a few times.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...earms-measures

Sections 36 to 38: Realistic imitation firearms

These sections introduce a ban on the supply of realistic imitation firearms.
    Section 36 makes it an offence to manufacture, IMPORT or sell realistic imitation firearms. It also makes it an offence to modify an imitation firearm to make it realistic. Subsection 7 provides that imported realistic imitation firearms will be liable to forfeiture under customs and excise controls.
    Section 37 provides various defences to the new offence. It makes it a defence to show that the manufacture, importation, sale or modification was only for the purpose of making the realistic imitation firearm available for:
    a museum or gallery
    theatrical performances and rehearsals of such performances
    the production of films and television programmes
    the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments
    crown servants.

I also think that this is a stupid law that wont make our country any safer. Colin

Your right this is a silly law would this apply to co2 bb pistols as well as they are imitations of firearms.
    And my kids toy guns must apply too.
    Thanks for your reply Colin57 I was only going to get it as it was cheap and I no his into airsoft.
    I will just treat him to a holster instead.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    be careful here around RIF and firearm....
    airsoft below the 'magic threshold' are not firearms and can therfore be RIF => 2 tone paint hoopla
    airguns however which exceed the 'lethality threshold' about 1 joule muzzle energy, if I recall correctly, are firearms that do not require a license.
    They may be realistic but as they are firearms they are are not imitiations and thus not imitiations....not RIF => no 2 tone hoopla

clear as mud eh

so I could only buy a 2 tone brightly painted ak47 look alike as airsoft...but up the energy to airgun levels between 1 joule and 12 ftl/lbs hen its a firearm and can be as realistic as you please e.g Yunkers 2 etc....but important disctinction is a non firearm can be fully auto, an airgun cant or its Sec5
    Gun control means using both hands.