Thread: Airgun World November

Thumbs up Airgun World November

Chaps, don't want to seem to be TOO MUCH of a fanboy, but another excellent one this month.

Especially, for me and countless springer fans on here, an excellent article, yet again, from Jim on testing spring quality. And one on how temperature affects the PCP.

I've only had the chance to very briefly flick through, but there's Terry's last instalment on springer shooting technique.

An article by Brian Samson on his fantastic success recently.

John Milewski on a beautiful looking, modded Walther LP53.

And loads, loads more.

If, like me, you get yours from Smith's, you also get the November issue of Airgunner bundled in as a freebie.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If, like me, you get yours from Smith's, you also get the November issue of Airgunner bundled in as a freebie.
    If, like me, you get yours by subscription, you get nothing apart from Airgun World.

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Anything on Rapids in it????

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    If, like me, you get yours by subscription, you get nothing apart from Airgun World.
    Sorry matey. But, then you get yours quicker and cheaper, anyway.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Anything on Rapids in it????

Daz
    Mmm, don't think so, but there's TD's first test on the new Air Arms HFT. And the new Daystate Wolverine thingermejig!

And that excellent JT article on PCP temperature change and effects.

Quote Originally Posted by terrierforce View Post
    The best thing to do is go into your local Smith's branch flit through the mag ignoring the reviewer's latest near death experience and there on-going back problems, skip through the silly test's and the adverts advertising the junk that's just been reviewed then proceed to read the four pages that really interest you[4 mins reading time] and then do-your-self a favour, stick the mag back on the shelf and walk away feeling pleased as punch with yourself that you didn't chuck away your hard earned.
    Does the fact that a lot of people have invested a lot of time, effort and love into producing something that they hope readers will enjoy and benefit from not mean a thing to you? Why should you have the option of reading "the four pages that really interest you" for free? Or are you also one of the many who for some reason feel that you should be able to enjoy music, movies and TV for nothing?

Just a wild guess.
    I'm the last person you think I am, unless you think I'm Neil Armstrong

Wink

Not sure how the subject of "free movies and music" came up, but I, for one totally agree with downloading films and music for free. and I have been known to do the quick read and put down job in smiths to

....we like something for nothing, I'm betting a lot on here are of an age that they 'taped' pick of the pops on a Sunday night...the old version of free (illegal) downloads, or copied a video, or 'burnt' a CD...and I don't believe for a minute we hav'nt perused the shelves of WH Smiths for a while reading this months..(insert your favourite hobbies) magazines....let's not get precious about it....it happens..

Ever complained about the party you gatecrashed without bringing a bottle?
    I'm the last person you think I am, unless you think I'm Neil Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    Ever complained about the party you gatecrashed without bringing a bottle?
    ..eh ? ....no you got me there....?

Great mag, but not much recently about scopes. I'd like to see a series on theory of optics, a bit like BTDT's work on springers. I also miss input about HFT, like the excellent stuff GaryC used to produce.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Great mag, but not much recently about scopes. I'd like to see a series on theory of optics, a bit like BTDT's work on springers.
    Gus
    Jim has, in the past, done some excellent articles on scopes. Maybe time for a re-run?

And I'd love It if Terry asked Jim to do a few SAR/RAS stylee tests....you know, very detailed test coupled with strip down details and a good look inside.

Maybe an intense pellet testing series....Anyone remember the old Rod Lynton series where, each issue, quite a number of pellets were tested in a few different guns?

But, obviously, this time we would want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!

Maybe measuring accuracy and retained velocity at, say, 15, 35 and 50 yards? I know Airgun Shooter run one, but it's just the one pellet per article and only ever the same gun; so if the pellet doesn't suit that particular Daystate, it obviously will not convey the full and accurate picture.

i have to say that i kind of agree with terrierforce on the reviews in airgun mags.
    you really have to know how to read through the lines to work out if the gun on test is any good and as said a young inexperienced shooter will not realise this and just go out and buy the gun.
    i have never read an article in a mag that says " this gun is poorly made" or " you would be better off buying a quallity second hand gun than this one i have just tested"
    the reason for this is due to the fact that the manufacturers sponsor the mags with ads.
    the best place to get an honest review is to ask online.
    what i will say in favour of the mags is that some of the technical stuff like from jim tyler is good and useful especially to a newcomer.

I must say i enjoy all the mags , i do take the gun reviews with a pinch of salt,
    i do take notice of fellow airgunners reviews on here and other forums.but Jim Tylers
    articles are very interesting, and i enjoy the hunting tales as well,also
    i must say to Mr TD please take onboard Doctors advice!!!!
    atb brian