Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms S200

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Depending on his stature, he might benefit from having the stock shortened.

Here's a before-and-after picture of a stock I did a while back for a disabled youngster aged 12. Shortened, rising cheek piece, thumb groove, and a small modification behind the trigger, which is not easy to spot in this photo but meant the lad's trigger finger didn't bear on the woodwork.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c.../IMG_0480a.jpg
    That looks fantastic Rich.
    Bsa R10 se

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Depending on his stature, he might benefit from having the stock shortened.

Here's a before-and-after picture of a stock I did a while back for a disabled youngster aged 12. Shortened, rising cheek piece, thumb groove, and a small modification behind the trigger, which is not easy to spot in this photo but meant the lad's trigger finger didn't bear on the woodwork.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c.../IMG_0480a.jpg
    Great job with the stock.

Thank you.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Re

So far I'm loving mine that got for my daughter how do u tell a mk1 from a mk2?

Mark 1 barrel is free floating. Mark 2 barrel has a frame around it that is fixed to the front of the forward part of the stock.

Re

Cheers I don't think I've ever seen a m1 then?

The MK1 barrel is turned down at the muzzle to 10mm for a 10mm slip on silencer, MK2 stays 15mm all the way down and needs the 15mm slip on silencer.
    The MK1 barrel does have a legendary status, even though the MK2/3 barrel still is arguably one of the best in the world
    Last edited by Gecko; 24-10-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Lovely job on the stock Rich. Looks like its a mk3 in .22 then. Like the idea of single shot as it will be a target training
    rifle foremost with the option to mod it later with a 10 shot kit. I can also use it myself

I would stick to using it as a single shot. There is always the temptation with a magazine rifle to "slicken" up the cocking cycle and work the bolt in one movement, instead of two, a lift and a pull. Some rifles don't seem to mind about that, but the action block of the S200 is made from quite a soft alloy, and too much rapid cocking can round over the corner of the L shaped slot the cocking pin slides in. Then you get problems of the bolt moving when the shot is fired, and eventually blowing back. We've got this problem with two trainer rifles at the club, and the only real solution is a new action block.

The other thing to say is, the cocking mechanism on the S200 wasn't really designed to drive a magazine system as well, and the mag does make the action heavier. There is a small grub screw under the magazine housing that alters the throw of the pawl inside, so that the chamber in the mag can be made to line up perfectly with the breech. This can be fiddly to get right, and a quarter of a turn of this grub screw can make all the difference.

Now, the magazine system add-on was brought out before the mark 3 stock was created; with the action in a mark 3 stock you can't get at this little adjuster screw, and you have to take the action out of the stock to tweak it. That is a right pain.