Thread: Is there a reliable method of sending buddy bottles through the post gents?.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Is there a reliable method of sending buddy bottles through the post gents?.

Seem to have heard a few stories of various carriers confiscating these in transit so was wondering how can you send them with confidence ?. Many thanks for your input guys.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Seem to have heard a few stories of various carriers confiscating these in transit so was wondering how can you send them with confidence ?. Many thanks for your input guys.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    DHL will carry buddy bottles, but (rather obviously) the bottle has to be completely empty and you have to remove the valve if you want to be strictly above board! (or tape the valve pin down so it is held open)

I emailed DHL's "special support group" and have had confirmation from them that they do carry air bottles. PM me if you would like me to forward the email to you.
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    DHL will carry buddy bottles, but (rather obviously) the bottle has to be completely empty and you have to remove the valve if you want to be strictly above board! (or tape the valve pin down so it is held open)

I emailed DHL's "special support group" and have had confirmation from them that they do carry air bottles. PM me if you would like me to forward the email to you.
    Any chance you can post that on the "posting airguns" sticky with a scan of the e-mail ?

Could be a very useful item in the future.

Definitely don't use RM or Parcelforce!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Definitely don't use RM or Parcelforce!!!!!
    Quite right, it is in their list of 'we don't'.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Parcel Force 48 don't fly and as a result these don't get x-rayed

If the parcel doesnt look bottle shaped and is well wrapped in a box it's unlikely to raise any suspicion and consequent inspection.

I would like to think it would be empty with no valve fitted if someone did read between the lines.

Thinking of what to put as the description? Sex toy should work!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Any chance you can post that on the "posting airguns" sticky with a scan of the e-mail ?

Could be a very useful item in the future.

I have forwarded the email to Garvin so that he can update the thread as need be.
    blah blah

I received a 280cc mfr bottle last week via RMSD. it was filled to 230BAR too
    so they don't check them all. I use inter parcel myself cheap and no probs. they told me themselves to mark it as 'sporting goods'

PF 48hr, well packaged in a box.

PM me.