Thread: Mystery pistol

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Mystery pistol

I have never come across this spring-powered air pistol before http://www.forum-airguns.com/t47215-...er-pistole-air, and the OP also has no idea what it is.
    Can anyone throw any light on the puzzle? The gun is incomplete unfortunately.

Home made?
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I have never come across this spring-powered air pistol before http://www.forum-airguns.com/t47215-...er-pistole-air, and the OP also has no idea what it is.
    Can anyone throw any light on the puzzle? The gun is incomplete unfortunately.
    Never seen one before. Sorry.

Would the cylinder extension have been to hold corks, perhaps?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

l would say home made as well.

I belive

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Never seen one before. Sorry.

Would the cylinder extension have been to hold corks, perhaps?
    i have seen this some where , the barrel is missing , like old diana 1 ,( not exactly ;-) , remove the barrel , put in dart/pellet , mount the barrel and shoot , the design is close to voere austria ??

Question

IMO(worth less than 2c this time), it appears to be home made; with a nod to the Falke33, checkering influenced by Diana5?

Quote Originally Posted by aircol View Post
    i have seen this some where , the barrel is missing , like old diana 1 ,( not exactly ;-) , remove the barrel , put in dart/pellet , mount the barrel and shoot , the design is close to voere austria ??
    I haven't seen anthing like it either, but the design seems so crude that it surely must be a shed job. A suitable screw-on barrel would probably not be too difficult to fabricate from a scrap barrel section in order to make it functional, but of course it would be impossible to work out exactly what the original looked like unless there are others like it. I thought at first glance that it might be a concentric design like a Tell 2, but the solid alloy(?) block at the rear end knocks that idea on the head, and in any case the rubber(?) head of the piston is visible in the front shot.

The arrangement seems to be that pulling the trigger guard forward pushes the piston backward via the pivot and a hidden linkage, to compress the spring and engage the sear. The trigger position indicates that an internal trigger spring is possibly missing/broken.
    Last edited by scrapman; 01-11-2014 at 02:49 PM.