Thread: Royal Mail examining my pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Co2 cartidges are sent out all the time by firms selling online - how do they manage to get through the Royal Mail system regulary when the poor folk on here seem to get them pulled and sent to belfast for destrction.

Appinpar68

Mine come by Courier.
    Yodel.

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    Co2 cartidges are sent out all the time by firms selling online - how do they manage to get through the Royal Mail system regulary when the poor folk on here seem to get them pulled and sent to belfast for destrction.

Appinpar68
    The terms and conditions for a business account and us (retail users) are different.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    The terms and conditions for a business account and us (retail users) are different.
    It's amazing that RM can't trust the public to package cos any differently to a business.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    It's amazing that RM can't trust the public to package cos any differently to a business.
    The fact that members of the public continue to send prohibited items which end up being destroyed, would kind of argue against that thought & support their position

been there done it im afraid lost a pistol but did get compensation after a long battle , no co2 in package took months to sort, there is only one guy that come in once a week to work at the office concerned, and chks for prohibited goods and firearms,and x4 girls that work there answering calls, best way i have found is to ring the office concerned daily pushing for an answer that way you may get results it does work ive been told good luck

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    been there done it im afraid lost a pistol but did get compensation after a long battle , no co2 in package took months to sort, there is only one guy that come in once a week to work at the office concerned, and chks for prohibited goods and firearms,and x4 girls that work there answering calls, best way i have found is to ring the office concerned daily pushing for an answer that way you may get results it does work ive been told good luck
    What is be useful, would be for all those that had a gun seized or even taken to Belfast for examination to just detail where the gun was going from and to plus what postal service was being used...

All the issues I've heard of so far relate to guns going between England and Scotland via RMSD.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    What is be useful, would be for all those that had a gun seized or even taken to Belfast for examination to just detail where the gun was going from and to plus what postal service was being used...

All the issues I've heard of so far relate to guns going between England and Scotland via RMSD.
    The answer is in your post....

RM send letters, packets and parcels by Air Freight from Southern England to Scotland. Therefore they have to be x-rayed under the current regulations set by the relevant authority ( not Royal Mail ). Parcelforce do not Air Freight within the mainland...

Now if an individual posts prohibited items then what do you expect them to do?

If the x-ray operator is an air gun enthusiast then maybe they would recognise a CP88 from say Beretta 92FS, but maybe they are more into knitting and won't.

This has been discussed so many times that I find it incredible people still make the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Ok, here is your answer from your original post above.

Many people on many occassions have posted that this traffic is Air Freighted, yet people still use the service. Beggars believe.

It's also true that some mail within english borders is Air Freighted by Royal Mail, but to a lesser extent.