Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail examining my pistol

Royal Mail examining my pistol

I bought this last week

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....77-Cp88-pistol

It's being examined by the Royal Mail as it may contain dangerous or prohibited items. Has anyone ever got the goods back from Royal Mail and if so how long did it take or is it gone forever?
    Modded Ratty. 22

Your problem will be the CO2 capsules.
    They have a ban on compressed gasses in the RM system.
    They seized and destroyed a 500CC buddy bottle that I sent last year - it's mental, they say they don't want compressed gasses then they FLY anything considered dangerous to Belfast and destroy it. I pointed out the bottle was empty but they didn't care. I got the whip and valve back.
    So you may get the pistol back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they do seize it you won't get compensation either because they will judge that you have breached the contract you had with them.
    Good Luck

CO2 Bulbs are prohibited items. So if the seller sent one with the pistol,as stated in the ad, then you will have a hard time getting it.

This is all covered in the RM guides to what can and can not be sent in the post

If you have had a official letter, then you could try requesting them to take out the CO2 and send on the pistol.

The thing here is you never got it, you didn’t post it, if you class it as lost in the post then I would of thought the seller should cover the cost.

This may sound a bit harsh but if you had bought any goods from an on line retailer and they didn’t arrive you would be straight on to them for a refund.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by gurnster75 View Post
    I bought this last week

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....77-Cp88-pistol

It's being examined by the Royal Mail as it may contain dangerous or prohibited items. Has anyone ever got the goods back from Royal Mail and if so how long did it take or is it gone forever?
    There should be a return address for you to contact, all you can do is politely ask for the pistol it self to be sent on with out the CO2 caplet, but as it has not been delivered they might only deal with the person who sent it

The good news for you is that as it has not been delivered it is not yet yours, legally it is still down to the seller and as it was him, not you, who obviously sent it either by the wrong service or the correct service but with a prohibited item inside, by law, he has to give you a full refund if it is destroyed.

Some items do get an offending part removed & the rest sent on, some don't.

best of luck.

ps any idea what post service was used.

Not Another One

There is at least one fairly recent thread on here in which the package was stopped for having one or two full CO2 capsules in the box next to the pistol. The sender was lucky; the pistol was returned to him.

There is at least one fairly recent thread in which an empty/loose fitted CO2 capsule was left in the pistol; not so lucky....they disposed of the pistol/empty capsule.

Only the other day I noticed a sales thread on here saying 'will throw in some CO2 capsules'

Fairly recently I put a reminder/warning about this in Garvin's 'posting airguns' thread in the sales section.
    See post #149 here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Airguns/page10

Good luck getting the parcel, the kit was at a very good price...spoilt by the presents of ONE capsule (worth less than 40p).
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 26-10-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Link added

Pistols also get stopped without CO2 in them at all. RM is a joke
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    But generally that's because the sender has not read the rules & has posted it using the wrong service.

That is NOT RM's fault, people need to exercise a bit of common sense,

Like it or not gun's, of any type, ARE different to anything else in the eyes of the general public, get over it, accept it & deal with it.

If the pistol has a CO2 capsule in it, they won't remove it and send the pistol on - they will destroy the pistol.
    As stated it's up to the seller at this point.
    When they seized the buddy bottle I sent, I ended up having to refund the seller what he'd paid - I was £100 out of pocket. B**tards they are

The person who posted it remains responsible until accepted by the recipient.
    The sender has to deal with this if it gets destroyed and return the money to the buyer.
    Hopefully it won't happen and the pistol will be delivered minus any compressed air cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    Agreed, but they do say that they reserve the right to inspect anything they consider suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    But generally that's because the sender has not read the rules & has posted it using the wrong service.
    Not from what i've seen, Using the correct service they still get stopped. Happens more if sending between Scotland and England as special delivery tends to go via air. As a result, they get xrayed before transit. Regardless if they have Co2 in or not
    Ex-Airgunner

Before you start ranting about Royal Mail maybe you should consider that air weapons and their paraphernalia such as gas bottles are a tiny minority of traffic, to transport this traffic RM have to be insured by law, the insurance is extremely expensive so there's a balancing act between how much traffic and how much insurance!

It's not RM's fault the amount of traffic does not warrant the cost of insurance, therefore they publish guides as to what can be posted, instead of complaining read the bloody guide!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    There is some VERY good advice around the stickies on the sales section regarding sending what is and isn't allowed, what postal services are appropriate and what labelling is prudent...

I suspect the the overwhelming majority who have had problems have not bothered to read them....

I didn't know what service was being used to deliver it, sent SD, so as most have stated low powered airguns are fine, 12g co2 bulbs are not. Hopefully common sense prevails and they remove the co2 and send the pistol. To be honost I've stopped posting stuff I sell and only do F2F for this very reason.
    Modded Ratty. 22