Thread: MTC Scopes Dilema (if that's how you spell it)

MTC Scopes Dilema (if that's how you spell it)

So here it is. I sold my MTC Viper 6-24x56 with my Airwolf. I don't know why as I was keeping the HW100 I originally had it on. But after a good two or three years of swapping about that was the scope that suited me best. Now I want another one but I'm tempted by the connect. If I get the normal Ciper it will be one of the two big boys, the 56 or 60mm objective lens but would I like the connect (bigger of the two)
    Things to consider:
    I do most of my shooting in the dark.
    I always shoot at 10x mag but like to be able to zoom to check what I'm looking at.
    I am mounting it on a HW100tk
    I want the scb ret
    I want performance equally as good as the 56mm I had before.
    Very much appreciate any input and thanks in anticipation.
    Cheers all.

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskyDuckfeet View Post
    So here it is. I sold my MTC Viper 6-24x56 with my Airwolf. I don't know why as I was keeping the HW100 I originally had it on. But after a good two or three years of swapping about that was the scope that suited me best. Now I want another one but I'm tempted by the connect. If I get the normal Ciper it will be one of the two big boys, the 56 or 60mm objective lens but would I like the connect (bigger of the two)
    Things to consider:
    I do most of my shooting in the dark.
    I always shoot at 10x mag but like to be able to zoom to check what I'm looking at.
    I am mounting it on a HW100tk
    I want the scb ret
    I want performance equally as good as the 56mm I had before.
    Very much appreciate any input and thanks in anticipation.
    Cheers all.
    The connect is a very good scope but it don't suit everyone, I have one on my Daystate and I do very well with it, The field of view is amazing compared to a standard scope and the clarity is also very very good. As for your 5 questions.

I do most of my shooting in the dark. ( Illuminated ret )
    I always shoot at 10x mag but like to be able to zoom to check what I'm looking at. ( Can only zoom to 12 mag )
    I am mounting it on a HW100tk ( Wont be an issue )
    I want the scb ret (The one im selling in the for sale section has the SCB ret )
    I want performance equally as good as the 56mm I had before. ( I would say it would be better due to the wide field of view )

Hope this helps oh and did I mention im selling one in the scope section

Atb Harry.

Yeah, you mentioned that. The point I was making about night shooting was more the amount of light let in by the objective lens. Is the connect as clear at night as the 56mm viper. It has a much smaller objective lens.

Quote Originally Posted by RiskyDuckfeet View Post
    Yeah, you mentioned that. The point I was making about night shooting was more the amount of light let in by the objective lens. Is the connect as clearight as the 56mm viper. It has a much smaller objective lens.
    If im honest I dont shoot mine at night so I wont give false info but as far as I know the SL had the longer front tube so that people could mount night vision onto easier so thats something to think about.

im sure someone will be along soon to answer you night shooting question

Atb Harry.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Personally, I'd pm Gary C as he was the guy who owned the company and developed them so he's the best guy to ask for advice
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Personally, I'd pm Gary C as he was the guy who owned the company and developed them so he's the best guy to ask for advice
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    I was hoping Gary C would come along soon but not as yet

Pound for pound the smaller the lens the better it will perform quality wise, given the rule of 7. In theory a 56mm lens set to x8 will give an exit pupil of 7mm, the supposed ideal. On x8 a 32mm will give an exit pupil of 4mm, just over half the size and therefore just over half the light. It's not quite as simple as that and the difference will be less than that, but the principle is sound. If you are happy shooting on x6 at night I'd go Connect, if you want 8 and above I'd go Viper

max brightness on 6-2x56 is on x8 mag and below , 4-16x50 is x7 mag and below, 3-12x32 is on x5 mag and below.

Personally I'd go Connect for the FOV which is critical under the lamp and shoot on x12 during the day and x6 at night, but that's my personal preference.

Thanks very much for that Gary. I'll have a little think based on what you've said.