Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail examining my pistol

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd be very surprised if they were prepared to remove potentially a still pressurised, but pierced powerlet...
    It's not something you would dream of asking someone unfamiliar with CO2 guns to do.

But if you ask they might be prepared to keep it for collection & retrieval by yourself or the sender.

To be honest though, why is it your problem, if the sender has had his parcel destroyed because he tried to send a prohibited item then its his problem and not yours and you should ask for a full refund for goods not received.

Using the service Royal Mail advise you to use,only guarntees your parcel gets as far as the x ray machine operater.
    Hate to say it mate,but i think you have lost the pistol....I was more fortunite last year,when they had my £550 rifle,that had just got £200 of work done on it sent to Belfast,got it back with an apology.I think the only thing you can hope for,that the firearms expert RM have look at your pistol,pull the co2 canister,and say its okay to return to you.....long shot,but you never know...good luck.

Dont anybody even post a water pistol to Scotland using RM
    Last edited by Whistler; 24-10-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling +
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Quote Originally Posted by gurnster75 View Post
    I didn't know what service was being used to deliver it, sent SD, so as most have stated low powered airguns are fine, 12g co2 bulbs are not. Hopefully common sense prevails and they remove the co2 and send the pistol. To be honost I've stopped posting stuff I sell and only do F2F for this very reason.
    Royal fail dont do common sense i'm afraid, most of the management are terminally stupid...

Co2 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    If the pistol has a CO2 capsule in it, they won't remove it and send the pistol on - they will destroy the pistol.
    As stated it's up to the seller at this point.
    When they seized the buddy bottle I sent, I ended up having to refund the seller what he'd paid - I was £100 out of pocket. B**tards they are
    I can understand them wanting you to collect the pistol as it belongs to you. I cannot see how they can destroy your property legaly. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SPILY View Post
    I can understand them wanting you to collect the pistol as it belongs to you. I cannot see how they can destroy your property legaly. Just my thoughts.
    Because it was/or contained a prohibited item, and it says in their rules that is what they will do if prohibited items are found.

they warn of the consequences, it's not their fault if people ignore the warning.

Royal mail examining pistol

Hi I had the same problem about 3 months ago, I sold it my cp88 on but it got stopped while it was being processed through the postal system, it was inspected and it passed ok as with a bit of good luck I did not post it with co2 either in the pistol or in the case. They posted it on to the person it was intended for with a letter saying sorry this had happened. I hope you get yr pistol back.

atb kj68

should not have sent the bulbs,just the gun and you would be ok.

The seller has assured me he will refund me in full, just hope it turns up so he isn't out of pocket.
    Last edited by gurnster75; 25-10-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Modded Ratty. 22

Co2 cartidges are sent out all the time by firms selling online - how do they manage to get through the Royal Mail system regulary when the poor folk on here seem to get them pulled and sent to belfast for destrction.

Appinpar68

Mine come by Courier.
    Yodel.

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    Co2 cartidges are sent out all the time by firms selling online - how do they manage to get through the Royal Mail system regulary when the poor folk on here seem to get them pulled and sent to belfast for destrction.

Appinpar68
    The terms and conditions for a business account and us (retail users) are different.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    The terms and conditions for a business account and us (retail users) are different.
    It's amazing that RM can't trust the public to package cos any differently to a business.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    It's amazing that RM can't trust the public to package cos any differently to a business.
    The fact that members of the public continue to send prohibited items which end up being destroyed, would kind of argue against that thought & support their position

been there done it im afraid lost a pistol but did get compensation after a long battle , no co2 in package took months to sort, there is only one guy that come in once a week to work at the office concerned, and chks for prohibited goods and firearms,and x4 girls that work there answering calls, best way i have found is to ring the office concerned daily pushing for an answer that way you may get results it does work ive been told good luck

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    been there done it im afraid lost a pistol but did get compensation after a long battle , no co2 in package took months to sort, there is only one guy that come in once a week to work at the office concerned, and chks for prohibited goods and firearms,and x4 girls that work there answering calls, best way i have found is to ring the office concerned daily pushing for an answer that way you may get results it does work ive been told good luck
    What is be useful, would be for all those that had a gun seized or even taken to Belfast for examination to just detail where the gun was going from and to plus what postal service was being used...

All the issues I've heard of so far relate to guns going between England and Scotland via RMSD.