Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail examining my pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    The bit that said "Many people on many occassions have posted that this traffic is Air Freighted, yet people still use the service. Beggars believe(sic)."?

Why should they send it on, or break it down?

Because it's the right thing to do.

Oh and the X-ray operator and his ability is none of our concern - I'm sure I did state that above.
    So no one said it was unusual then?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Its this bit I'd be interested to hear peoples personal experiences of...
    Many threads on here and other forums.. You could be reading for days if you do search.

Posting airguns is a simple process if you follow the advice. There are even some who can help your parcel on its way

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Good idea, when you into class tomorrow morning ask your teacher for the glitter and a couple of cornflake boxes. Make sure teacher does the cutting out though, don't want you hurting yourself.
    Struck a nerve eh?

So no one said it was unusual then?
    No. What you said is there in black and white.

When you get into work tomorrow perhaps you should float the idea of not being so anti.

Struck a nerve eh?

No. What you said is there in black and white.

When you get into work tomorrow perhaps you should float the idea of not being so anti.
    Lol, no nerve struck. Your post was like something a junior school kid comes up with... Takes a personal attack before I get even slightly interested.

I've re-read everything I've written, sorry can't find where I said posting airguns was unusual. Please could you point it out to me?

Of course I can pass on any ideas or suggestions, please let me have your address then the business can respond directly to the very good ideas you have put forward. Of course if you wish to remain anonimous then thats fine, but replying will be very difficult.

And for clarification. Never heard a negative word about firearms, airguns or shotguns whilst in work.

Never heard a negative word about firearms, airguns or shotguns whilst in work.
    Actions often speak louder than words, and the actions of the RM speak to everyone of us quite clearly.

Look about and count all the threads that start "so pleased with the RM" compared with the ones that are less complimentary

As for my ideas, consider them a gift with no obligation attatched.

Bears perhaps should recognise where they are on thin ice with regards advice for people posting airguns...

There is nothing unusual with the posting of airguns.

Yes there is

They are everyday run of the mill items.

No, they're not, the vast majority of people have never touched one

There are millions of them in the UK.

They are in the vast majority legally held and transported.

This was recognised by the two reviews into the attempts by the Royal Mail not to carry these items previously.

Both times the regulator told the Royal Mail that it must continue in offering the service to the public, in the interests of the public.

If people are not prohibited by law, or the terms and conditions of the carrier, from sending items via the carrier, whether those services utilise air freight is of no concern to the sender.

But the terms specify only certain services can be used, people still use the wrong service.

The abilities of the X-Ray operator to identify a prohibited item is of no concern to the sender.

Whether they jump up and piss themselves because there is an unaccompanied firearm in transit, be it at the machine or at any level of management, is of no concern of the sender.

None. Zilch. Zero.

They should not be excused one iota for being unable to transport perfectly every day legal items, without the fuss and palaver we see on this board week in and week out.

People dreaming up excuses for these anti carriers, or any erroneous conditions for the senders, are anti's without disguise.

The terms are not dreamed up or erroneous, rules exist

If this lad has sent a prohibited item in error common sense should be used.

If the only reason it is prohibited is that it cannot be flown then send it by land.

It is not the only reason, RM do not have a licence to carry certain items for the general public

If it cannot be sent by land and is only component within a larger package, then remove the offending article send on the rest with a charge commensurate with the trouble and retain the prohibited component.

This is what usually happens

If the item is untransportable and not divisible, then hold it at the sorting office where it has been stopped for collection or destruction within an appropriate time frame.

Why? if it breaks the rules they can take whatever action they state they will follow in such an event

This is not rocket science.

This is not any more costly than the current debacle.

This is not unreasonable.

Anything else is a disgrace organised by antis and perpetuated by them. Nothing more.
    Rubbish, it's not some anti's wet dream, its just business.

Actions often speak louder than words, and the actions of the RM speak to everyone of us quite clearly.

Look about and count all the threads that start "so pleased with the RM" compared with the ones that are less complimentary

As for my ideas, consider them a gift with no obligation attatched.
    Thanks for the gift.

Could I suggest you look at the same threads and quantify how many involved only legitimate items within the parcel versus parcels containing prohibited items. Maybe you could confirm if the correct service was used. Feel free to PM the results or post on this thread, either would be helpful to everyone....

Any chance you could confirm the "actions" taken by RM. Maybe even compare those actions against the other carriers in the market place..

Once again, thanks for the gift it is cherished 😘

To the OP.

happy to try and help if I can, PM if interested.

Thanks for the gift.

Could I suggest you look at the same threads and quantify how many involved only legitimate items within the parcel versus parcels containing prohibited items. Maybe you could confirm if the correct service was used. Feel free to PM the results or post on this thread, either would be helpful to everyone....

Any chance you could confirm the "actions" taken by RM. Maybe even compare those actions against the other carriers in the market place..

Once again, thanks for the gift it is cherished 😘
    You can suggest owt you like but you might be a long time waiting.

The RM are a standing joke, as are parcel farce, with good reason for it. You'd know that if you'd been on here long enough.

Good for you to help a member out, but such a shame you feel the need to excuse the unreasonable actions of your employers.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Rubbish, it's not some anti's wet dream, its just business.
    No. They (RM) are a bunch of antis.

And airguns remain everyday items. Less so everyday that passes, but we are a long way off them being unusual.

And erroneous conditions of carriage being suggested by people are easy enough to prove - would you like me to provide a link, or shall I save you the embarrassment?

The RM are a standing joke, as are parcel farce, with good reason for it. You'd know that if you'd been on here long enough.

Good for you to help a member out, but such a shame you feel the need to excuse the unreasonable actions of your employers.
    Please show me where I have made excuses for my employer? What has the time frame of my membership got to do with my understanding of RM performance? No surprise you won't provide details of everyones perception/experience of RM.

Some Sh1t gets spouted by a few, some truth gets said by others, thats how forums work in general. I'm happy to make my own mind up on which info to take on board, and also happy to respond if I think I can contribute to the wider audience. Unfortunately nothing you have contributed is worth taking on board.

As for helping, the offer has been made numerous times and accepted.

Please show me where I have made excuses for my employer? What has the time frame of my membership got to do with my understanding of RM performance? No surprise you won't provide details of everyones perception/experience of RM.

Some Sh1t gets spouted by a few, some truth gets said by others, thats how forums work in general. I'm happy to make my own mind up on which info to take on board, and also happy to respond if I think I can contribute to the wider audience. Unfortunately nothing you have contributed is worth taking on board.

As for helping, the offer has been made numerous times and accepted.
    Do your own homework - there is a search facility to assist you.

Sorry you feel that way otherwise, the loss is entirely your own.

Why don't we try a different approach.. How about you provide your experience with RM or PF. What have they lost or destroyed for you?

No. They (RM) are a bunch of antis.

And airguns remain everyday items. Less so everyday that passes, but we are a long way off them being unusual.

And erroneous conditions of carriage being suggested by people are easy enough to prove - would you like me to provide a link, or shall I save you the embarrassment?
    I'll have that link please, the one with the "erroneous conditions" not the actual RM conditions of carriage. I'd also like a link that proves RM are "antis", not that I disbelieve you but I always like proof before accepting things. That's why I'm still searching for God, don't disbelieve he exists just not seen proof!

For clarification, you have proved one thing.

Minuteman do you have anything constructive to add to the thread? Or any assistance to the OP?

You seem big on criticism but light on actual help/facts.