Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Royal Mail examining my pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    The Belfast sink? I wouldn't know, you'd have to ask the Royal male here - I reckon the cataclysm is in keeping though. I think any postage would be likely a contribution to use, so as I said, collection only.
    If you'll throw in some tea & scones - Then yes, I'll collect one afternoon.

Probably a bad idea to send it via PF48 anyway, only because you've been pissing our PF 'man on the inside' off, as it were.

I intend to stay 'mates' with both of you.

And ::fingers crossed:: that the OP gets his gun delivered by RM without further issue.

Love & Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Probably a bad idea to send it via PF48 anyway, only because you've been pissing our PF 'man on the inside' off, as it were.

And ::fingers crossed:: that the OP gets his gun delivered by RM without further issue.

Love & Peace
    Offered to help, but no PM with details... ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Love & Peace
    Any time

Yes I may have damned all post from the 'boro but it was worth it

Love and peace, to you, and the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    I was just wondering would it not be worth trying to hide airguns in future with say a load of tin foil packaging? Would it even work? Dare someone to try.
    Airport x-ray is sufficiently powerful to enable the counting of spring coils in a springer, (first hand experience of this) so err, perhaps a bit more than foil is needed...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Just to add closure and let everyone know the outcome, I finally got the pistol (minus co2 bulb) on the 4th December, it got sent back to the sender first though?
    Modded Ratty. 22

I think the time, effort man hours etc invested by the Post Office in the removal of a co2 capsule from this pistol is to be commended.
    But I do wonder how long it would take them to do something really dangerous- like making a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Airport x-ray is sufficiently powerful to enable the counting of spring coils in a springer, (first hand experience of this) so err, perhaps a bit more than foil is needed...
    Same here, it will just look like an air pistol wrapped in loads of metal foil.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    I was just wondering would it not be worth trying to hide airguns in future with say a load of tin foil packaging? Would it even work? Dare someone to try.
    Yeah sure it will work. Any parcel screening operative will ignore a package which is opaque to x-rays
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL