Thread: Giraud Case Tri-Trimmer

Half in Torquay, half in a wood in north Worcester

Giraud Case Tri-Trimmer

Has anyone used one of the Giraud Tri-Trimmers?

I've got a contact in Texas (Giraud won't ship internationally) and thought I'd get a couple sent over if they work OK - anything to reduce the tedium of trimming, chamfering and de-burring whilst still producing precision finished brass.

I'd go for one of the automated Giraud trimmers with the brass hopper, but I understand that changing from one calibre to another is a bit of a ball ache?

Thanks,

Adam.
    Serial .300 Win' Mag' fondler

Don't have experience of that specific model, but I have been using one of his power trimmers for several years. He used to accept and ship international orders.

With the power trimmer, you'd want a cutter for each calibre you wish to trim. You could use one cutter and adjust it for each calibre, but it's fiddly and can lose you a few cases in the set-up process.

It's been a very useful tool for reloading. It's well built and it works well. I've never had to have it repaired, but I'm told Giraud's customer service is very good. I posted a few questions about his trimmer on other forums and Giraud was usually one of the first people to reply.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    I know of two people using the Giraud and both say they would never be without it, if I could get one I would.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Half in Torquay, half in a wood in north Worcester
    He's based in Fort Worth and I have a mate who lives 20 minutes away - I might get some stuff picked up, shipped up to Pennsylvania and added into a load of other stuff I'm having shipped to the UK.

I like the look of the Tri-Trimmer because I can buy three of them for £170 and cover every cartridge I load between .223 and 300WM, plus I can use my Hornady trimmer motor to power them.
    Serial .300 Win' Mag' fondler

Now if you were shipping Giraud annealers I'd be MORE than interested

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Or even both ;-)
    Gun control means using both hands.

If you were taking orders I Have a Giraud Power Trimmer with a 6mmbr, and 308, or I would have two Giraud Tri Way Trimmer cutter One full unit 308 one full unit for 6mmbr.

Regards
    andy
    Last edited by ANDY T; 06-11-2014 at 07:54 AM.