Thread: Titan Mohawk

Titan Mohawk

Greetings chaps.

I've just taken ownership of a titan Mohawk that is in need of light restoration.

Are there any Mohawk experts on the forum?

Just done a quick search and info on these rifles seems a bit thin on the ground. Any pointers on where to get plans, manuals etc and also spares would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yorkie.

I reckon maybe try the Falcon forum? Or JB directly for any required spares or advice about the gun.

Nice and unusual SSP the Mohawk. I nearly bought one once

Bought one of these a couple of months back. Heavy clumsy thing. Nice though. They share many of the same parts as the titan/falcon range.
    hoplophobe

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll have a look on the falcon forum to see if there's more info there.

am no expert but I have had 2 one of then had a jb pump head upgrade think it had 2 0 rings instead of one if I remember righty
    easy enough to work on
    seals on the pump head need changing very offend as they take some pounding and you need to use a very little oil on the seal think jb said to use some thing ??50 count remember the name but he'll soon tell you very help full bloke
    you have to adjust the pump rod to get the max out of the single stroke but once set I could get 11.5 fpe no probs

Probably Abbey SM50 I should think

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Probably Abbey SM50 I should think
    Thanks the one

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Nice and unusual SSP the Mohawk. I nearly bought one once
    Wish that I had now. Trouble was, they were only available in .22 which put me off...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Wish that I had now. Trouble was, they were only available in .22 which put me off...
    The one I just acquired is .177

Got it from a chap who bought it directly from jb and didn't use it - it's been in his wardrobe ever since gathering lots of dust.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Very easy to work on - just get stuck in, and ask if you hit a problem...

top AIRGUN

I think this is the slender of the SSP line-up ...and always enjoy grabbing mine ...i.m.o the less cumbersome . I was actually here to start a new thread on specifically my Sportsman Mk11 - now thats a real handful ...and make a similar thread to this one - who else has , where to fix ....The Mohawk is the more difficult item to pump . In AW JB himself ref to this and was already in the 90's working on tuning ...as the above reference proves this ...The JB1 IS THE FAVOURITE ....easy to charge , swop the barrels over ....then of course the PH Dragon takes some beating , just that stock looks like .....I digress .

The Mohawk - fantastic airgun

Quote Originally Posted by hebhaggis View Post
    I think this is the slender of the SSP line-up ...and always enjoy grabbing mine ...i.m.o the less cumbersome . I was actually here to start a new thread on specifically my Sportsman Mk11 - now thats a real handful ...and make a similar thread to this one - who else has , where to fix ....The Mohawk is the more difficult item to pump . In AW JB himself ref to this and was already in the 90's working on tuning ...as the above reference proves this ...The JB1 IS THE FAVOURITE ....easy to charge , swop the barrels over ....then of course the PH Dragon takes some beating , just that stock looks like .....I digress .

Have you had too much sugar?

How many in .177?

Now I start looking into it it seems that .177 is not very common in ssp's generally

Anyone know how many .177s Mohawks were made?

Well my first one was in .177 and oddly it had the small steel open sights fitted . I did not like the .177 cal so decided to relinquish this example ...I should have kept it .

or at least the open sights !
    Last edited by hebhaggis; 25-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hebhaggis View Post

The Mk2 Sportsman is a multi-pump Mohawk with pressure relief valve but with Daystate barrel breech and trigger. Made in India by the notorious Standard Motor Company.