Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIHFT end of season shoot - 2nd Nov at the Oaks

Spring fest! Yay!
    Might even bring my new toy
    Bob

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Oh but yes ...... and we're nearly there!
    Springfest 2014

arf!

Course is set, terrible course for boingers...Ha!

Should be good, thanks to everybody that turned out to help!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

There is good news and bad news:

the good news is that the cows have been in the field so the grass is shorter

the bad news is that the cows have been in the field - look where you walk!

we have tried to keep the firing points clear........ even for left handers
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Whereas i on the other hand (see wot i did there) made sure there was a cowpat to the right of every peg!...Ha!

Good course, all new, nothing is the same, should be some carnage in that wind ( if it hangs around...)

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    There is good news and bad news:

the good news is that the cows have been in the field so the grass is shorter

the bad news is that the cows have been in the field - look where you walk!

we have tried to keep the firing points clear........ even for left handers
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Whereas i on the other hand (see wot i did there) made sure there was a cowpat to the right of every peg!...Ha!

Good course, all new, nothing is the same, should be some carnage in that wind ( if it hangs around...)
    I smell a conspiracy smeary ......
    ars-arf!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    ... carnage in that wind ( if it hangs around...)
    Sure sounds like it has hung around and been eating spinach all night. Can hear it howling around right now.

This should be fun. Will it equal or beat in to submission the "2 mil dots at 15 yards" breeze we had at Ford for this year's Round 2 of the SIHFT?

See ya'll soonish.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Great course made "interesting" by the wind. Many thanks to Phil for his guidance, best I've shot yet in a windy field! Was surprised to win but shows the power of teamwork!

I think this format is really helpful for those of us looking to develop our shooting, perhaps more club meetings should adopt this approach, and allow a second shot at a target if need be (first shot to count at the risk of stating the obvious!)

Special thanks to Charles and Biggles for their work on the SIHFT, much appreciated by us all chaps

Off to enjoy a brew in my SIHFT mug (and hose off my mat and dry off my gun and mount the torch ready for next Saturday night!)
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Well.

Which is a word certainly NOT earned by my result today. Took my coachee to point out that my scope enhancer was awry and could well be the cause of my missing several close (15-25yrd) target by as much as 1 1/2 dots high. I was wondering when he'd notice that; took him far too long Doh!

And that wind No where near the strength we had at Ford, but it refused to stay steady anywhere? Oh, no. Git it half a dot and it needed one; give it 3/4 on the next target and it wanted none at all.

I reckon that anyone scoring more than 50 and any pair amassing more than a ton should be dunked in the village pond - must have been using Halloween trickery.

Great fun, in spite of the shooting and the rain and the wind, and thanks to all Oakies who prepped and delivered such a good end-of-series SIHFT event.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member