Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expletives

Expletives

Hi

Perusing the facebook sections, I am staggered as to how people conduct themselves in regard to airgun sales and purchases. Many of them turn into slanging matches, sarcastic comments and even threats of violence! I am glad this forum is as civilised as it at should be, (with the exception of one abusive bad deal I have put down to experience). Is it a co-incidence these people can barely string a coherent sentence together?).

Would these people behave in such a manner before social media, I can only wonder. An outsider looking in may tar all shooters with the same brush.

I appreciate your thoughts ladies and gentlemen.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have a Facebook page but rarely use it. It is a strange place.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Never used it and adamant that I never will.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Never used it and adamant that I never will.
    plus 1 on that

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    plus 1 on that
    Plus 2...
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

I enjoy facebook but I am very selective as to who can see my data and who I select as friends.
    It works really well to keep in touch with acquaintances you might normally forget.

I agree however, it can be a dodgy place if you are not really careful. Dodgy groups are best avoided!

Ouch!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    I call it F**kBook for all the shite it causes.

Don't have an account on it and never will!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post

Cheers.

Roy.
    Snap........

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post

Cheers.

Roy.
    Totally agree I don't have an account and never will the misses does to keep in touch family but that's all

Some of the Sale and Wanted groups are quite useful. It's not written in tablets of stone that you have to use your real name or add any details. If you want to contact anyone you can do it by private message.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I enjoy facebook but I am very selective as to who can see my data and who I select as friends.
    It works really well to keep in touch with acquaintances you might normally forget.

I agree however, it can be a dodgy place if you are not really careful. Dodgy groups are best avoided!

Ouch!
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson
    N.S.R.A. RCO, Club Instructor, Club Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsa View Post
    Hi

Perusing the facebook sections, I am staggered as to how people conduct themselves in regard to airgun sales and purchases. Many of them turn into slanging matches, sarcastic comments and even threats of violence! I am glad this forum is as civilised as it at should be.

I hate to grovel ... but I think this is because the mods do a decent job on here. If you took the mods away I'm sure this place would also turn into a slanging ring. Some of the threads head that way but then the big red button button comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Plus 2...
    Make it 3
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I can never believe how braindead people are on these social media sites like Facebook.

A lad I know runs a bar/club. He employs pretty looking 18 - 25 year old girls to work the bar on a Friday and Saturday evenings.

Loads of times I've been in there and he's had a girl cry off saying she is so ill and at home in bed.

He just goes on Facebook and sees them putting pics up of themselves and their mates up town with skirts up to their ears, hanging off lads and getting smashed ( I've sat next to him in his pub watching him do this whilst he's laughing his head off ).

... another one sacked. Morons!

My mate got himself locked up for a few days because of Facebook. Him and his wife were having a rocky time of things and for some bizarre reason were having their rows on Facebook for all to see. Like Jerry Springer online. He'd put something along the lines of ... " If she does this again I'll kill her ". Then follows a drunken row outside a taxi one night. Police are called. He's taken to the cells to calm down but when Facebook is checked ( his wife suggests they look what he's been saying ) he ends up in there for a few days until his wife agrees to let the police let him go.

Another mate, for his job, used to spend his time crawling around in bushes checking up if people claiming benefits were as ill as they said they were. Now he just goes on Facebook, all comfy in his office with a brew, and reads the 'confessions' online.

Bonkers.

Some of the language people use when selling or buying puts me right off. One guy who was selling an old BSA said it "cut through rabbits like butter". What kind of experienced hunter would say that? Won't be buying off him