Ive been on here a few times spouting on about the joys of spring gun shooting . Going on about how I dont have to worry about shot counts, power curves , optimum filling pressures and generally being pretty smug about self contained shooting.
Well , in a moment of madness , I went out last weekend and got myself a pcp.
Its not the first one ive owned , but I gave up precharged rifles about 3-4 yrs ago and have been exclusively using spring guns ever since. I have no idea what brought this on , I guess I fancied a change.
So im now the proud owner of a BSA Scorpion SE .177 camo topped of with a Hawke 4-16 Varmint scope and a HW moderator stuck on the end.
Firstly let me admit id forgotten how easy pcp's are to shoot and secondly how quiet they are. Its almost silent and will stack jsb 4.53s on top of each other at 30 yards no problem. I haven't had the opportunity to try it at longer ranges yet but I have complete confidence it will perform way beyond my capabilities.
It is , in my opinion, a cracking gun. Fairly compact and well balanced. It has a pretty good shot count and is as near silent as possible. It also hasnt got a frightening price tag like most pcps seem to have.
I have to admit im smitten on it, although my hw97kt's will always be my favourites.
I suppose there is no point to this post other than to say " never say never!!"
Springers and pcps all have their uses and should not be dismissed as better or worse. I will always be a springer shooter but I realise a multi shot pcp does have its advantages.
So , bring on the rats !!!!!!