Thread: Is Daystate after sales / QA the new Theoben ?

Is Daystate after sales / QA the new Theoben ?

Having bought a Daystate Regal and it not living up to my expectations, also hearing some other comments concerning Daystate.

I am wondering if Daystate after sales and QA are going the same way as Theoben, that down hill to sudden death.

Hype and high prices?

Daystate seem to be getting a bit of flack regarding their after sales these days, but my recent dealings with them have been nothing but positive.

I recently sent back one of my Mk4's which developed a leak and despite the fact I wasn't the original purchaser, they repaired it under warranty and turned it around within two weeks without it costing me a penny. My telephone queries were dealt with in a very friendly and courteous manner, really I couldn't fault them in any way.

Superb customer service and lovely rifles.

Daystate QA

It does seem questionable whether Daystate have a final inspection or goods inward QA, as you probably know Daystate should not now be considered a manufacturer, but an assembly line of bought out parts.

There appear to be so many problems with their new offerings I would not buy one younger than 3 years.

In line with most air rifle manufacturers (sic) their servicing costs are astronomic. Std rifle £180 or so, electronic rifles £240 ish. Considering the time to strip and rebuild the above is 45 mins at a push and the "O" rings are pennies the profit margin is generous.

Even when having Daystate service your rifle, it's not a given that it will work correctly when returned.

Daystate are viewed as a premium brand, but for similar funds you can have a hand built (and working) Ripley Ar5s.

Quote Originally Posted by outshooting View Post
    Having bought a Daystate Regal and it not living up to my expectations, also hearing some other comments concerning Daystate.

I am wondering if Daystate after sales and QA are going the same way as Theoben, that down hill to sudden death.

Hype and high prices?
    In what way is it not living up to your expectations?

Hi, I am not sure just how relevent this is but as Daystate has taken over Brocock then I phoned them about a spare and was told in no uncertain terms that 'They do not deal with members of the public'!!! Go to a RFD.
    Well the RFD phoned them for a month everyday and got various answers. No stock. We will send them to you. Havnt you received them ? He is totally p*ss*d of with them.
    I have solved the problem, took a 60% loss and got shot of it just too many problems and sh*t service.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

I have never been anything than happy with service from daystate but it dose appear that after sales service is slipping a bit
    They have recently moved factory and overseas sales have rocketed in recent times , particularly in the US where sales are bigger than the UK
    Let's hope they get there sh&@ together because they make some cracking rifles

I've a long time respect for daystate, I have owned most models over the years. But have to say when you went to the old factory you were greeted with a cup of coffee and a smile it made you feel like a valued customer. The new factory is cold and unwelcoming the people you see don't seem to have any interest apart from taking your cash. Last time I was there I saw a farmer come to ask about the difference in whats available the chap dealing with him said curtly we don't see customers here you have to go to a dealer, in my opinion they lost a customer that day all by not spending some time with him. Please bring back the old standard of service daystate before its to late.

I could not be happier with Daystate customer service.
    Yes ive had problems with my Regal but Daystate have always been helpful plus they collected the rifle from my house. at no cost to me.
    My Regal is running very smoothly i have no complaints.
    Stick with it the Regal is a cracking little gun.

Customer service is very good but the QC and output quality seem to be on a down hill.
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

I have to report that my own brand new Wolverine is excellent. Particularly when I discovered that she doesn't like anything by JSB. I have been waiting a long time for a rifle that prefers other brand pellets, particularly through the magazine!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I have two daystates (one mechanical and one electronic) and the only problem with both of them is their accuracy when I shoot them, nothing to do with the rifles of course and all to do with me.

If only I was as accurate and consistent. I have owned all manner of rifles from various manufacturers and believe daystate to be up there with the very best.