Thread: Are Richter scopes suitable for springers?

Are Richter scopes suitable for springers?

I have a Richter 4-16x40 AOE IR that I am selling and somebody at the club has asked if it's suitable for a springer (Hammerli 550). I have only used it on a pcp and have done a little research and found that they are claimed to be "shock resistant".

Has anyone used one of these scopes on a springer and if so, have there been any issues?

I don't want to sell a scope to someone and be told in a couple of weeks that it has rattled to bits.

Regards,
    Gary.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have a Richter 4-16x40 AOE IR that I am selling and somebody at the club has asked if it's suitable for a springer (Hammerli 550). I have only used it on a pcp and have done a little research and found that they are claimed to be "shock resistant".

Has anyone used one of these scopes on a springer and if so, have there been any issues?

I don't want to sell a scope to someone and be told in a couple of weeks that it has rattled to bits.

Regards,
    Gary.
    Any good?

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...-4-16x40.shtml

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....r-Optik-scopes

Tons of places say "rimfire or air rifles", but as you say nothing 100% concrete on most sites.

ATB, Ed

Cant seem to paste the link, but it is www.riflesports.co.uk/Richter_Optik

says they are shockproof. Think you will have to type address in.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 25-10-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the links. I have printed one off and then he can make his mind up if it's suitable for his gun.

Virtually all scopes claim to be shockproof but I think that relates to firearms mainly although many will be ok on a springer.Some are specifically designed to cope with springer recoil,I Have 3 BSA 2-7x32 AO Air Rifle scopes that are made specific for air riles(springers).Leapers do some as well and I believe AGS Cobalt scopes are springer rated.