Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Ban Guns'- Daily Mirror Article and Poll

If you seriously want to reduce the worlds weapon related deaths, the worlds governments should hand their weapons in, not the sporting user.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcartridge81 View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people
    I thought it was rappers?!
    Master Debater

use epic as your browser and cookies are stopped,surely south Africa and south Essex are not the same ,voted no a number of times
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Complete spheroids...

As the whole article reads like it was written by a dribbling idiot, something like this can only do the pro shooting lobby some good. The article might as well have asked if we should uninvent the car, for all the good a vote on the subject would do. As a previous FAC pistol shooter who lost his guns when the ban came in, I was subjected to the same paranoid finger pointing and name calling as has just resurfaced in this article. Guns are rarely bought by completely sane people? That's got all the hallmarks of a libellous remark. The article is irrelevant, unfounded, generalised and without the rationale of being in the public interest. It strikes me that the whole thing was written for journalism students to study as an example of how NOT to do it.

Currently the voting stands at 85% no, and I wonder if that has more to do with sensible people objecting to the scaremongering tactics of the article, rather than a vested interest in protecting our hobby?

Unfortunately this article serves to demonstrate that there ARE nutters out there, and they should have their keyboards taken away from them so that they can no longer produce this sort of poisonous rubbish in the name of journalism.

Bonedome

Blaiming guns for peoples deaths,is a bit like me blaiming spoons for being fat
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Blaiming guns for peoples deaths,is a bit like me blaiming spoons for being fat
    In the interest of national health I suggest that all spoons must be deactivated by drilling a .25" hole to the bottom of the spoon part.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Voted no. It's 14% yes & 86% no. But will that matter. Not a jott. If they want to ban them they will,especially if it's to get votes.

84% no now

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    Voted no. It's 14% yes & 86% no. But will that matter. Not a jott. If they want to ban them they will,especially if it's to get votes.
    Luckily any future legislation isn't down to some twat from the Daily Mirror! It's been fun rallying the troops though.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

Can't believe no ones mentioned that friendly looking girl (albeit with her finger on trigger) they have been kind enough to put an image up of ...Super !

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Can't believe no ones mentioned that friendly looking girl (albeit with her finger on trigger) they have been kind enough to put an image up of ...Super !
    You need to gt out moore I hadnt noticed the gun myself

Ban stupidity - also impossible to achieve you just have to read the article and you know it's not possible.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    88% now!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Maybe we should contact the rag and ask for there feed back has they have lost the arguemnt somewhat methinks

still at 88%

I didnt, but......

just hit re-fresh to vote again....