Thread: BSA barrel wanted

BSA barrel wanted

I know it may be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare .177 BSA barrel in their collection which they wouldn't mind selling?

I'm looking for one which will fit a Lightning/Supersport cylinder, it's currently fitted with a Meteor .22 barrel (painted finish type), the barrel originally fitted to the lightning was fitted to the Meteor, that was stolen so I can't swap them back, and I'd quite like a .177 barrel to try.

I know John Knibbs is advertising a used 'generic .177 BSA barrel' for £45, but unfortunately this would mean all the hassle of RFD transfers which adds to the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddbob08 View Post
    I know it may be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare .177 BSA barrel in their collection which they wouldn't mind selling?

I'm looking for one which will fit a Lightning/Supersport cylinder, it's currently fitted with a Meteor .22 barrel (painted finish type), the barrel originally fitted to the lightning was fitted to the Meteor, that was stolen so I can't swap them back, and I'd quite like a .177 barrel to try.

I know John Knibbs is advertising a used 'generic .177 BSA barrel' for £45, but unfortunately this would mean all the hassle of RFD transfers which adds to the cost.
    I can send you one for £50 posted. It has a half inch 20 tpi standard thread for fitting a sound moderator.
    Can email pics tomorrow.
    Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I can send you one for £50 posted. It has a half inch 20 tpi standard thread for fitting a sound moderator.
    Can email pics tomorrow.
    Baz
    Thanks Baz, PM sent

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I have a .177 Lightning barrel spare if the above deal falls through, I'm not treading on any toes though, so let me know if interested.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I have a .177 Lightning barrel spare if the above deal falls through, I'm not treading on any toes though, so let me know if interested.

Pete
    Now you tell me

Thanks Pete, I've already committed to buy from Barry, I think the longer barrel he has will be better in .177, it should shoot a bit sweeter that way.

Thanks again,

Rob

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddbob08 View Post
    Now you tell me

Thanks Pete, I've already committed to buy from Barry, I think the longer barrel he has will be better in .177, it should shoot a bit sweeter that way.

Thanks again,

Rob
    Not a problem Rob, I only saw the thread today, a bit late but I'm glad you're sorted now.

ATB

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in