Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are BSA Airsporter RB2 Stutzens going for nowadays?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    1. I had one of them thar Airsporter RB2 rifles, it was one of the most expensive rifles I have bought ... It was in as-new condition, beautifully made... and it grouped like a .410 at 25 yards. I think it was a barrel issue. I just COULD NOT hang on to something that could be utterly embarrassed by my old BSA Meteor yet cost six times as much. Like keeping a Bentley that can only do 20mph. You might as well have a picture of one, unless you do all your hunting at 10 paces.

2. I suggested the 35 as a hunter because it is an ugly old warhorse that you wouldn't mind scratching or dropping in ditches. In fact you might want to! And also because I think they are pretty good rifles!

A Tyrolean would be nice for the ProSport but the stock on that is pretty much perfect and the Tyro stocks are not that great for taking all types of shot, they are a 10m Target type of thing.

Yet again, the answer may actually be 'Pie'. Or get an old Original Diana 50 and get the barrel chopped off at the end of the stock. Its a Stutzen Karbine!
    I have my XS20 (with certain HW95 bits) as my hunter and funny you should mention 10m rifles, I was thinking of turning the Prosport into an open sighted shooter for the back garden, I have a Williams adjustable peep sight which I want too use on it but I just have to work out how too attach the front sight too the rifle with out drilling the barrel shroud.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Air Arms did make front sights for its range for some countries that have weird legislation on scopes (Malta?) so give them a call. Otherwise DM80 should be able to make up a clamp type thing that can fit on the muzzle and you can fit an HW foresight. You'll have to short-stroke it and put a weaker spring in too....

1. I had one of them thar Airsporter RB2 rifles, it was one of the most expensive rifles I have bought ... It was in as-new condition, beautifully made... and it grouped like a .410 at 25 yards. I think it was a barrel issue. I just COULD NOT hang on to something that could be utterly embarrassed by my old BSA Meteor yet cost six times as much. Like keeping a Bentley that can only do 20mph. You might as well have a picture of one, unless you do all your hunting at 10 paces.

2. I suggested the 35 as a hunter because it is an ugly old warhorse that you wouldn't mind scratching or dropping in ditches. In fact you might want to! And also because I think they are pretty good rifles!

A Tyrolean would be nice for the ProSport but the stock on that is pretty much perfect and the Tyro stocks are not that great for taking all types of shot, they are a 10m Target type of thing.

Yet again, the answer may actually be 'Pie'.
    IMHO Tyrolean stocks are similar to Stutzen ones- in as much as they are both a waste of wood! HW35 (in other than Tyro' format) is a more capable all round choice of slug-gun..

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Air Arms did make front sights for its range for some countries that have weird legislation on scopes (Malta?) so give them a call. Otherwise DM80 should be able to make up a clamp type thing that can fit on the muzzle and you can fit an HW foresight. You'll have to short-stroke it and put a weaker spring in too....
    I've already emailed AA and they said they never made them, I'll give DM80 a try.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've already emailed AA and they said they never made them, I'll give DM80 a try.

Pete
    Or it might have been UKNeil, whoever it was put some dovetails on a muzzle-brake and off they went..