Thread: Cadet/Cadet Major Question...

Question Cadet/Cadet Major Question...

Can anyone tell me if the cylinder end block (with adjustable trigger) from the BSA Cadet Major will interchange with the block (non-adjustable trigger) on the Cadet?

Thanks...

Yes it will, but.... I am not certain if the piston latch rod of the cadet is the same length as that of thecadet major, so it may not latch. I cannot remember if the pistons are the same length. They are the same diameter and logically they should be identical. The cylinder of the cadet major is longer of course, but that may be the only major difference. ( apart from the sights and trigger adjustment.)
    Perhaps an owner of both has tried this swap of trigger blocks and can comment further...?
    Pete.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the cylinder end block (with adjustable trigger) from the BSA Cadet Major will interchange with the block (non-adjustable trigger) on the Cadet?

Thanks...
    Yes it will, so long as you have the same type (the ones with the big stock bolt that goes into the tapped hole on the trigger block).
    I know someone who tried to do it and realised he had tried an earlier block
    The trigger is same part, it is just the Major has the adjuster to reduce engagement.
    To get a better trigger for plinking, I would try an old/worn mainspring or try to find something softer. The triggers were heavy, so I have been told, so the cadets would not discharge the gun too easily.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

And the answer is yes.....