Thread: BSA Improved Model D with No 21a Aperture Sight and original BSA Sling Eyes

BSA Improved Model D with No 21a Aperture Sight and original BSA Sling Eyes

For Sale: NOW SOLD

A nice mid production .177 Improved Model D, which can be used as a target arm. The rifle comes complete with an original undamaged No 10 rear sight, which has been zeroed for 6 yard Bell Target. The rifle also sports an original factory fitted BSA No 21a Aperture sight.

The BSA has a full complement of factory fitted sling eyes to barrel, trigger guard and stock. These are rarely seen and can be used to support the rifle over a shoulder, which is exactly what I have done on vintage shoots. I’ll throw in a pair of Parker Hale sling swivel attachments, so that a leather sling can be mounted without the need to look for these components. No stock wobble and undamaged steel butt plate.

The rifle has a nice honest patina overall and all stampings are legible. The aperture sight windage adjustment requires minor attention. I have managed some very good groups and scores with this rifle in competition using H&N FTT pellets. Foresight is undamaged and looks to have been braized or soldered on, so it will not move, which is comforting to know when lining up for an important shot. A red ‘Bisley Dot’ has been painted on the bead to help with target acquisition and can easily be removed if desired.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j40dt0yne...x-n6vTA7a?dl=0

£250 F2F or can post at additional cost. I’d be happy to demonstrate the rifle at Bisley on a Wednesday evening
    Last edited by Josie & John; 29-10-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Hi John ...... Can you please bring this to Bisley on Wednesday evening please ...... Thank Mark

Hi Mark,

Can do. I was going to take her down for a last fling to the shoot anyway! Sad as I am.

Kind regards,

John

The Improved Model D has now been sold, following receipt of a firm commitment to buy by PM and a F2F meeting this morning.

Sorry Mark - I won't be able to bring her to Bisley tonight and won't have that final fling after all

Thanks for the interest.

John