Thread: Sako Quad .22LR Review and Barrel Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i have had a quad for years now. its a good rifle, the only downside is the extraction of unfired rounds.

i havent changed the barrel.

I really don't want to take this thread off on a 'knocking tack' but surely any problems with the extraction of unfired rounds is fairly serious for a rifle at this price point? Clearly anything made by Sako is going to be pretty decent in most of what it does and certainly the Finnfire is superb. It is just the value for money aspect and the fact that I know Sako discontinued the Finnfire because it was too well built for the money they could get for it. After all the Quad is NOT a cheap rifle and -as your experience indicates-very few shooters actually use the barrel change facility a great deal if at all.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I really don't want to take this thread off on a 'knocking tack' but surely any problems with the extraction of unfired rounds is fairly serious for a rifle at this price point? Clearly anything made by Sako is going to be pretty decent in most of what it does and certainly the Finnfire is superb. It is just the value for money aspect and the fact that I know Sako discontinued the Finnfire because it was too well built for the money they could get for it. After all the Quad is NOT a cheap rifle and -as your experience indicates-very few shooters actually use the barrel change facility a great deal if at all.
    the quad is about as good as it gets for a rimfire and lets face it the differences between a cz and an anschutz is irrelevant when you are rough shooting as both are accurate enough for the ranges they get used at.

i bought it with the full intention of getting a hmr barrel but went off the idea after reading about all the ammunition issues.