Thread: John Milewski Walther LP53 Article November AGW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Tony,

I have also enjoyed some excellent results with the HW45. This is the 'modern' pistol I would recommend over virtually all others for general use. At one time, my club had an unofficial 'HW45 Owners' Club' with regular informal competitions. The more fun members saw us having the more HW45s appeared at club outings!

John

Indeed, a modern gun with lots of character and huge fun appeal.

But also with excellent, solid build and with its excellent trigger and breeding, serious accuracy potential.

I'd still absolutely love and LP53, one day. One day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Cometa spring?

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this forum and thread whilst looking for a tuning kit for my LP-53. It is my second LP-53 (after foolishly selling the first when I was a teenager). I have had the gun for 20+ years now and it is in good but not mint condition. Although I also have a HW45 amongst other things, the LP-53 is still my favourite pistol.
    It performs well - I typically get 410 fps with 7 grain hobbies - but would still like to get that extra bit of power for shooting at over 10 metres.

I found another posting on the forum where a gentleman managed to use the tuning kit for the Walther clone Predom Lucznik:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....53-and-Lucznik

I ordered the kit for the Lucznik but the only real advantage was that the Walther now shot a lot smoother, which could be attributed to a sub-300 fps muzzle velocity, so it was back to square one.

So I am very interested in the modification done to John's Walther. The AGW article wasn't very specific so a more detailed "recipe" would be highly appreciated.
    I can see that a Cometa spring is mentioned, although not which Cometa model or what length it had after it was cut down.

I also found this piston head assembly, which obviously would modify the internals further, but am unsure if any further gain would be had:

http://www.trrobb.com/Walther_LP_53_..._11830134.aspx

Cheers

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by thoro View Post
    Hi all,

I stumbled upon this forum and thread whilst looking for a tuning kit for my LP-53. It is my second LP-53 (after foolishly selling the first when I was a teenager). I have had the gun for 20+ years now and it is in good but not mint condition. Although I also have a HW45 amongst other things, the LP-53 is still my favourite pistol.
    It performs well - I typically get 410 fps with 7 grain hobbies - but would still like to get that extra bit of power for shooting at over 10 metres.

I found another posting on the forum where a gentleman managed to use the tuning kit for the Walther clone Predom Lucznik:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....53-and-Lucznik

I ordered the kit for the Lucznik but the only real advantage was that the Walther now shot a lot smoother, which could be attributed to a sub-300 fps muzzle velocity, so it was back to square one.

So I am very interested in the modification done to John's Walther. The AGW article wasn't very specific so a more detailed "recipe" would be highly appreciated.
    I can see that a Cometa spring is mentioned, although not which Cometa model or what length it had after it was cut down.

I also found this piston head assembly, which obviously would modify the internals further, but am unsure if any further gain would be had:

http://www.trrobb.com/Walther_LP_53_..._11830134.aspx

Cheers

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the BBS!

If your LP53 is already capable over velocity in excess of 400 FPS, I would leave it alone for the sake of a few more FPS.

On the back of the Airgun World article, I understand Paul who modified the pistol I tested is in discussions with a well respected gun shop with a view to producing a limited run of a tuning kit based on the review. If I find out any concrete specifics around the kit, I'll post on here.

Kind regards,

John

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hi John
    I'd be very interested should one the kits come available...

Harvey

If it helps as a display of interest I would certainly be interested in one of these tuning kits.

Chris.

Hi John,
    I would be very interested in buying one too...Dave...