Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet trap idea?

This guy uses high powered fac rifles in his.

http://tedsholdover.com/2014/01/05/p...and-the-great/

I stuff my metal trap with old clothes and carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    ....it's a lot more convenient to make up a wooden or metal box and put a few thicknesses of roofing lead in the back.....
    I like the idea of this but having looked into the cost of the lead sheet it worked out quite costly; although it should last virtually forever. Maybe practical using scrap lead sheet/off cuts rather than brand new sheet.

Newspapers & Magazines in a large sized cereal box work fine, but messy to re-cycle pellets, so might try out old rags/clothes instead. Carpet layers as additional backstop is also good.

The rubber mulch in a box idea looks efficient, seen mention of this on bbs previously. Trouble is how big the sack of mulch would be.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 30-10-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASHED View Post
    Like that it made me larf
    Going back many years, a certain gun shop near me used this method when they put a new spring in my hW77.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
    Cardboard box (e.g. crisps carton from the corner shop) stuffed with old clothes. Very quiet and lightweight, and it collects the pellets for you.
    +1 Very good for noise reduction and will stop anything on the unlicensed side at 10 metres. I use empty wine boxes, the kind that hold six glass bottles not the ones with the taps. Never sheem to be able to hit a bleshed thing… hic.