Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Model 50M valuation

When we have all stopped drooling- whats it worth?
    I'm the only one who has given an estimate.
    Anymore?

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I saw one of these in club hammers shop two days ago, it was a total basket case covered in rust & pitting. He said he paid £85 for it as it was such a good shooter.

I think it should be worth around £350.00 it should be more IMO,it is in excellent condition & hardly see others for sale as good so should command a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    When we have all stopped drooling- whats it worth?
    I'm the only one who has given an estimate.
    Anymore?
    There's no doubting it's rare and looks like it's in excellent condition. It should be worth at least between £250 and £350, but to find out you'll probably have to advertise it! It's hard to tell because they don't come up often at all, and especially in this condition.

I sold some guns at auction in the summer and prices for the older German guns outperformed the English ones, so maybe this is a good time to sell?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Advertise it on G* as you will find a wider audience of collectors on there,if it was mine I would put it up for £375 and wait for a decent offer. at £3.99 for 30 days it's good value for money.

I put an early ( 1955/6 ) HW55 T on here and not one offer. Sold in 48hrs on G* to a hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Advertise it on G* as you will find a wider audience of collectors on there,if it was mine I would put it up for £375 and wait for a decent offer. at £3.99 for 30 days it's good value for money.

I put an early ( 1955/6 ) HW55 T on here and not one offer. Sold in 48hrs on G* to a hairdresser
    I don't plan to sell at the moment but was just curious as I have only ever seen the 50B variant up for sale on the web.
    I brought the rifle privately in about 1980 and paid £50 for it with complete with the instruction pamphlet, it was probably a bargain even that many years ago.

Yes, Patt

it probably was & you'll never, ever find that kind of quality again (sub 'silly money').

Your superb collection should remain intact - do you enjoy looking & cleaning them ?

Thought so !