Thread: tyne and wear location

tyne and wear location

Hello can anyone tell me if there is a local target shooting club. I really fancy my hand at target shooting I've got 3 rifles being a gunpower stealth a mk1 tx200 and a falcon fn12 all in .22 flavour. I don't know much about target shooting as I just generally go out shooting live targets for local farmers rat's rabbits etc. I know of 2 clubs one steeve smiths which is poor very poor and the other Swarland which is pretty good but nothing in the way of proper target shooting for air rifles. Any help and guidance would be gratefully appreciated cheers. James
    ....Falcon FN12....MK1 TX200....

I was going to say Swarland. It's the best by far near tyne & wear.

There's an FT club called Thorn Dell, but i think their membership is full at the moment.
    Ex-Airgunner

Just my luck Swarland is a cracking range although I haven't been back up since the indoor pistol range has been put up pity steeve smiths isn't a patch on Swarland but it's a fair bit closer for me would either of my rifles be upto the job
    ....Falcon FN12....MK1 TX200....

Aye, once you been to Swarland, Smiths is nothing in comparison. I've been going to Swarland for a year now, only been back to Smiths once earlier this month to zero my scope and it was a joke! None of the targets work properly. It could do with the bench extending to rest your rifle properly (without risk of it falling off), and the knockdowns replacing. The amount of money they make from shooters, they could replace them from a weekends air-rifle takings. I'll never go back.

Swarland is now a 98mile round trip for me since i moved, but one i'm prepared to make
    Ex-Airgunner

I don't know of anywhere other than Steve Smiths & Swarland for airgun shooting. There is the City of newcastle rifle club but I think that is rimfire and above.

http://www.cityofnewcastlerifleclub.org.uk/