Thread: HW35 from 1966. The breech seal seems smaller?

HW35 from 1966. The breech seal seems smaller?

Acquired and stripped / relubed the above air rifle. The breech seal looks a bit tired BUT it appears smaller than current seals. Is it my eyesight or is it a smaller seal, in which case; any idea where I can get one from?

The 35 models used synthetic seals fairly early on,though a different make up compared to now.The earliest i have is 1968 & this is a form of synthetic black in colour.Yours is probably the same as this,i would think the later type will fit but i haven't had to change one yet so they must be long waring.
    I have only seen the new version for sale,if any doubt Email HW.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The 35 models used synthetic seals fairly early on,though a different make up compared to now.The earliest i have is 1968 & this is a form of synthetic black in colour.Yours is probably the same as this,i would think the later type will fit but i haven't had to change one yet so they must be long waring.
    I have only seen the new version for sale,if any doubt Email HW.
    This one is synthetic black; it looks almost like an O ring. The air rifle's shooting at 10.2fpe. The piston seal is in good nick (had a little soak in neatsfoot before re-assembly) so wondering if the breech seal could be losing a bit. I'll contact HW and see what they say.