http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/anti...-pre-1939.html

Shame about powdered milk

Re powdered milk-
    Try buying something!

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    They certainly find some interesting collectables

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/anti...-pre-1939.html

Shame about powdered milk
    I sold one recently at auction. They are very well made but suprisingly small, really a youth or kids rifle. They come up on eGun occasionally. Not as rare as Protek claim.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/66282...age/1304188975
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Protek's ads not updated often

I've phoned Protek at least four times over the last 6 months or so, only to be told on each occasion that the item I was interested in had gone. I don't bother any more.

I think updating their ads to mark items as sold may be something they get around to 'as and when'.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapman View Post
    I've phoned Protek at least four times over the last 6 months or so, only to be told on each occasion that the item I was interested in had gone. I don't bother any more.

I think updating their ads to mark items as sold may be something they get around to 'as and when'.

Ah that will be down to Phil, I know he does a flower arranging course on a Tuesday

In fairness, I have found them to be very efficient, ordered one day and received posted the next. I also have known of people to click on a link saved in their favourites, which brought up guns from the time they saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Re powdered milk-
    Try buying something!
    I bought some pellets once

There are only two of them in the shop with no office staff so Phil does the website between serving customers, doing the mail order ( including walking to the post office) and making me tea when I go in.
    Sometimes things do sell just after they are listed on the website and frequently very near the end of the day. It's not a 30 second job to change the website either and I think the priority is to put new items on.
    It sounds like you have been unlucky.
    Another possibility is did you go to their website and navigate to the item that was sold or did you google it and end up with an orphan page which is still on the website but cannot be navigated to as it is out of date. People don't always delete out of date pages but just remove the links to them.
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 31-10-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

As well as updating the website more often, they should increase the number and tiny size of the photos, which are a disgrace now most people have broadband. I always trust a dealer in proportion to the size of the photos in their adverts, same as I would a private seller.

The smaller the pics on a dealer's website, the more you have to rely on their written descriptions of condition, without being able to make up your own mind. Apart from the internals, you should know just about all there is to known about an airgun before you pay for it.

OK, so by law dealers must refund goods if they are faulty or misdescribed, but distance selling is a bit of a one-way street these days, with it being impossible to post air rifles back to a dealer with adequate insurance if something goes wrong during shipping. I bet plenty of people would return them, but don't for that reason.

Of the various vintage airgun dealers with websites, Protek Supplies are easily the worst for this, providing viewers with little more than a thumbnail pic to go on, apart from the description.

They are followed closely by McAvoys. JCMilitaria and Henry Krank are quite a bit better, but still far from great.

Compare all the above with the pics provided by this German dealer, which leave virtually nothing about the external condition to the imagination.

Ideally, of course, we'd only ever buy airguns in person. But that's not always possible, unfortunately.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ive bought a few times from protek and the service/price has always been very good,its a nice shop to visit,

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

for a small shop run by two enthusiasts i reckon they put some larger high profile shops to shame;i found the pictures a reasonable guide
    to what i was looking for and if i am going to part with hard earned readies for a classic ;handling the item is an absolute must for many reasons,
    and its no bother as ive found to see the gun chronoed cycled and shot if i require it.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

The trouble with business today is that everyone expects you to be good at your job and with computers.
    I don't get it.
    Also a great website can hide a poor service or product.
    I bet I'm not the only one who knows that!

Good Eggs

I've always found their service very good, and Vic or Phil are both very knowledgable, and though often busy, will take the time to go over things without approaching you as if they are going to take you for all you've got, or sell you stuff you don't want. Very down to earth, just don't expect gold-rimmed cups and la-di-da airs!

protek

Hi, I have had two rifles from protek ,an ANSONIA and a EMG KRONE repeater, both were well packed, sent quickly,and as described on their site, indeed the emg was better than described.I think their site is updated at least as often as other sites, I would have no hesitation in buying them again, Ray.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

reply trick cyclist

LOL,if you want gold rim glasses and la-de-da-airs pop over to rustington ;weve got loads of that
    even our relums have gold embossed monograms.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    As well as updating the website more often, they should increase the number and tiny size of the photos, which are a disgrace now most people have broadband. I always trust a dealer in proportion to the size of the photos in their adverts, same as I would a private seller.

The smaller the pics on a dealer's website, the more you have to rely on their written descriptions of condition, without being able to make up your own mind. Apart from the internals, you should know just about all there is to known about an airgun before you pay for it.

OK, so by law dealers must refund goods if they are faulty or misdescribed, but distance selling is a bit of a one-way street these days, with it being impossible to post air rifles back to a dealer with adequate insurance if something goes wrong during shipping. I bet plenty of people would return them, but don't for that reason.

Of the various vintage airgun dealers with websites, Protek Supplies are easily the worst for this, providing viewers with little more than a thumbnail pic to go on, apart from the description.

They are followed closely by McAvoys. JCMilitaria and Henry Krank are quite a bit better, but still far from great.

Compare all the above with the pics provided by this German dealer, which leave virtually nothing about the external condition to the imagination.

Ideally, of course, we'd only ever buy airguns in person. But that's not always possible, unfortunately.
    Why don't you take 20 good pictures of an air rifle, sort them out and post them to a website using an old slow laptop. Now try doing that at work in between your normal job. That German site is a wonderful reference but do they run a shop or is it a business run from home.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at