Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
"here here" slow runner[apology's not knowing your name]most likely they will listen to kindly put advise as would we all.empathy seems short these days.
interestingly i have several friends in the retail trade most small scale and with careful attention to costs and margins etcetera a living is a finely balanced act; when as can happen trade drops through the floor for a week or two the proprietor/s either take reduced wages or none! that's the bottom line.when you are in the position of working for a company that week in week out plants a regular x hundred into your account as are most of us as employees its somewhat easier to be forward looking and invest in the latest hi tech for personnel use and artificially points to shortcomings elsewhere .indeed as in the case of a friends relatively successful cycle shop, its his wifes income and IT support that gives the impression that its fully self perpetuating ;not everyone is in this enviable position and has to do the best one can.
Yes Bob. I'm self-employed and know all about margins and investing in my business. But thanks for the lesson!

Before we compare Protek to a struggling charity running on a shoestring, remember for a moment this is a business that at any time has thousands of pounds worth of stock advertised on the internet. Spending £150 on a faster computer, if that's the problem, shouldn't be beyond them.

I haven't mentioned it publicly up to now because I genuinely want this shop to succeed, and think it does a pretty good job for vintage airgunners, but I am a dissatisfied customer of Protek, and the reason would have been completely avoided if I'd been able to see exactly what I was getting.

How can anyone object to having decent sized pictures on a website? We're talking about less than 100Kb per pic which is nothing these days, and some people just can't travel to the south coast in person. It's in the interests of the seller too, to have distance buyers in full possession of the facts before they buy.

This applies not just to Protek but to all the sellers of vintage airguns, to a greater or lesser extent. Private sellers too. Anyone who fails to provide them is either lazy or has something to hide IMO.

If Phil is struggling with his computer, he can send the pics to me and I'll happily post them up on his site.