Thread: New hw97k owner

New hw97k owner

Hi just got my new 97 I noticed when I was zeroing the telesopic sight now and then a shot would fly off target my a long way is this normal with a new rifle I did think it was me at first but Iam pretty sure it wasn't

Hi Bob,

Lovely new toy!!

Give it time. Concentrate on technique - all aspects - stability, breathing, trigger control, follow through, consistency and repeatability of technique, especially.

The gun will also require a little bedding in time.

Just relax, let it do its thing.

Gun wise, just check all the basics - any loose fasteners etc. Parallax error?

Give it plenty of time. It may be that the pellets you're using are not the best for your rifle / barrel, but maybe explore that more once you've got to know your new baby more intimately.

Oh, and don't overdo it! Your shooting will go downhill if shooting too much / trying too hard. Take breaks and RELAX.
    Last edited by TonyL; 30-10-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Don't overdo it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

New hw97 owner

Thanks tonyL for your advice it's much appreciated I will check every thing in the morning and your right it is a great toy hopefully I'll learn to use it !

As Tony has already said, let the new gun bed down a bit. Try a few different makes of pellet. My HW97k loved RWS Superfields, but it took a tin or two to really come good.
    BSA R10 Mk2 .177 V Discovery Hi 4-16 x 44 SF IR
    AA S510 .177 Konus 4-16x44 SF IR
    Walther RM8 .22 Hawke 4-12 x 50 AO IR

Is it brand spanking new bob ? If so have you given the barrel a clean through ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25