Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie airgunner!!hi!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder666 View Post
    That's the thing, it's not really worth much as a trade in as I would keep the scope and bag it came with and I don't think the wife would be too happy if I went out and bought another gun so I may as well have it tuned, any one around crawley willing to help me out?

Tom
    Tom, I know exactly where you're coming from. You obviously like the gun, and it does have many good points. And understand fully re justifying to the wife.

Something like the V-Mach kit will totally transform the firing cycle, but you'll be able to make it much nicer than it is right now for little outlay.

If you can find someone to help you strip it, then post the spring (if it is in good condition) to someone like UK Neil, he would be able to make you a guide and top hat to exactly match your spring. It would be nice to have some idea of existing power output....if it's already healthy, the flanges of the new guide and top hat will add a little extra preload, so he would be able to shorten your spring a tad and finish the ends of the spring properly for you, also aiding smooth operation.

One or two other members on here may also offer this service.

Anyone local to Tom who could help with the strip / re-build?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi from crawley