Thread: Webley raider 10

Webley raider 10

Hi,
    Im thinking of buying a damaged raider 10. The part where the gauge screws into has been cross threaded and has striped the threads in the brass insert in the chamber. Does anyone know how to get this part out of the chamber? I believe it is called 'the main valve housing' but I could be wrong. Or even if it is possible to repair it? also is it possible to tell the age it from the serial number?
    Many thanks Paul

Re

Hi I've messed about with one ov these,there a nice rifle,I don't sound a hard job to be re tapped out,or a insert or at worst blanking off,you don't need a gauge to b honest anyway,I would go for it,there's a few vids on YouTube,polishing the mag up is worth doing plus a clean n re lube ov the mag indexing system.good luck,wouldn't be paying too much for it either,£170 sounds about right.

Very easy guns to work on, plenty of videos on the tube and look to "Chambers" for the parts !...

Having assembled a fair number of these at one time..
    Depending whether made in Birmingham or South Yorkshire.. Subtle differences but basically pretty straight forward.
    I seem to recall the barrel shroud being a little fiddly to fasten but besides that make sure all the Allen screws are back in the air cylinder. They hold the ends in place by being countersunk into the cylinder ends so the force is across the head not the thread.
    I think the bit holding the gauge is aluminium with 2 o-rings, effectively floats, kept from sliding by the gauge..
    I can't remember if that gauge holding bit will fit down the tube from the filler end but if it will there are less places from that direction which could knick the o-rings.

Obviously, you work on it at your own risk, hope this is of help.

Jonathan