Thread: Remington Express - first impressions and basic tuning / mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've obviously read a few reviews, as have most springer enthusiasts. And there have been a few complimentary comments on here, too, Jon.

But, when a chap who is held in such high esteem as your good self writes up a review, it makes your ears prick up and listen.

Thank you for this.

Honest, concise, detailed. And just the sort of info that most of us fans actually want to see, regarding build quality, internal dimensions etc.

I suppose the guns we have to compare it to have to be various SMK offerings, like the 18/19 and SYNSG.

And, also, that other value for money little belter, the Hatsan 55/60. I'm guessing the Hatsan will win the trigger honours, with the Quattro unit?

You coming to play at Mick and Shirl's next weekend?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

The trigger blade is metal not plastic, ARC Tuning have made a set back trigger for the Express as fitted to the ARC AR1 Remington.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Hi Jon.
    That's a good review,and I'm glad you did it,because I was considering a trade-in for one.However,if it's too long in pull and trigger reach it counts it out for me.
    Thanks for taking time to review it.
    ATB Owen

Review

Nice review Jon, very comprehensive
    Was the 1/2" @30yds before you tuned or after?
    Ta
    Nick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickos View Post
    Nice review Jon, very comprehensive
    Was the 1/2" @30yds before you tuned or after?
    Ta
    Nick
    Before, but it was quite hold sensitive and so this was beenbag rested very carefully. Going to do the "after" when I make my TH at the weekend... I'm hopeful that stopping the bonce should significantly improve hold sensitivity..

Interesting thoughts and comments on what appears to be a gun that although a bit rough around the edges, is well priced and even looks half decent.
    I reckon the group size will be much improved following your fettling session!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Added some details; confirmation the trigger blade is indeed metal, and the trans port is a huge 24mm long

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Before, but it was quite hold sensitive and so this was beenbag rested very carefully. Going to do the "after" when I make my TH at the weekend... I'm hopeful that stopping the bonce should significantly improve hold sensitivity..
    Agree on the hold sensitivity - I found that I had to really control the front of the rifle (artillery hold) at all times to get the most out of it. I couldn't rest it free on a bean bag with the free hand under the stock as it shot everywhere. Never got close to 1/2" groups at 30yds. 1/2 foot perhaps.
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    The trigger blade is metal not plastic, ARC Tuning have made a set back trigger for the Express as fitted to the ARC AR1 Remington.
    Hmm, mine looks and feels plastic.. might have to give it a little scratch and see.. cheers for the info on the set back, will see what google comes up with...

BTW You must know - will an HW trigger guard fit ? Not got an HW to try it, but I'm sure you will have !