Thread: Hw45 spring dimensions

Hw45 spring dimensions

Its my 1st time on bbs so bear with me please... I've recently purchased an early hw45 in .22 and it only chrono at 310fps with suoerdomes which is underpowered? I was wondering if any one knows what length and number of coils the full power spring should be before I order one, so I can make sure I get the right one. It shoots consistently ruling out breech and piston seal issues.

I also have an early .22 HW45 (1992). Mine had very little use when I got it and was still smoking a bit! Now it has settled and chronoed at 380 with hobbies (I do not have spread). I am also tempted by a tune and spring change and I would try this one: http://www.konceptus.pl/p34-spring-for-hw45.html

Thanks for link they look good value springs assume 34 coils is the norm, going to strip mine over weekend and look at existing spring. I'd be ok with your 380 fps. My tuned 50 year old premier does more than my hw at moment!!

I'm a bit hopeless with computers and can't do links, but.....

Do a google search for Weihrauch HW45 Reviews....Somewhere near the top of the list you should spot a very in depth review by Todd Cooper, something like tbay/tel or something.

Lots of very useful info there.

Was it Vortek who do a special replacement spring?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for info, vortec do replacement but from memory high postage. If you google the web address from link takes you to a polish company reasonable price and postage. Some 45s springs on fleabag 9 quid posted though not sure on spec.

UK Vortek Distributor

As title, we now have a UK distributor for Vortek goodies - AGR Tuning.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!