Thread: Conflicting load data.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Conflicting load data.

What do you do when you get conflicting load data

With the total absence of my powder of choice, Bullseye, I have been looking into other powders, my local RFD stocks Lovex (rebadged accurate)

I picked up some D032 (accurate #2), D035 (accurate #5), D037-1 (accurate #7) and D037-2 (accurate #9) I also picked up the load guide for Lovex powder.

I am loading .357 Mag with 158g TC GM Hard Cast, the recommended loads in the Lovex guide are as follows

D032 6.2g to 6.9g

D036 10g to 10.8g

D037-1 10.3g to 11g

D037-2 13.1 to 15.4g

Now, according to the Lee loading guide, which I have used for some time give VERY different loads

D032 no data

D036 8g to 9g

D037-1 9.1g to 10.1g

D037-2 112 to 12.4g

Now my first thought would have been that maybe the powder has changed a bit from going from accurate to Lovex, but as the tubs I have are accurate tubs with Lovex labels stuck over the top of the original I doubt this is the case.

So my problem is, I have loaded some test rounds using the Lovex data but even the minimum load is more then the max load in the Lee load data, and I have just found a pdf on the web of the original accurate loads and they match the Lee data.

What do I do, pull all the test loads and re-load using the Lee, I am guessing that will be the safe thing to do.

Not sure what to do.

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

why not pull a couple readjust and see how they do first

i dont know alot about reloading but better to go with the lower amount and then if that does not work you havent pulled all your loads apart

If it was me I would load with the Lee data to start. If there's no, or little, pressure signs. Then carry on slowly up the scale of the lovex data.
    Check with chronos as you go will give you a better idea on whats happening.

Have a look on steves page as well.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    If it was me I would load with the Lee data to start. If there's no, or little, pressure signs. Then carry on slowly up the scale of the lovex data.
    Check with chronos as you go will give you a better idea on whats happening.
    +1, although always worth being honest with yourself and thinking "do I have any need to work up to the heavier loads?"

Yep, thanks guys, I sort of guessed the answer will be to start again at the lower loads and err on the side of caution.

But if that Lovex data is wrong, that is very bad of them to put that into print as it quite a bit out.
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

I would use data from the bullet manufacturers book first above date from the powder manufacturer or other generic source

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma