hi guys

any of you on here experts with the pro elite? mine has been laid up not used for ages and since stripping to service prior to getting out using it again I fear I may have found a strange issue with the cylinder...

when I was using it, it was massively inconsistent. and when stripping it I noticed a little corrosion/green deposits around the little groove just behind the breech jaws. Where the breech jaws are mounted into the cylinder. on investigation it would appear that it may be leaking air between the cylinder and jaws.

can anyone on here advise how the cylinder is manufactured. are the two parts (cylinder and jaws) either permanently brazed together, or are they as it looks to me like they may be, threaded with a little adhesive to prevent them coming apart and form a seal. the green corrosion/deposits to me are consistent with failed Loctite type adhesive.

fingers crossed its screwed and glued as then I should be able to heat and dismantle the whole thing then rebuild it with fresh adhesive.

any advice would be appreciated.

yorkierm